Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And Another Prayer Answered.....

When I was 7 months pregnant and going thru the ultrasounds every 10 days the tech noticed that on baby "c" (now known as Finn) there was extra fluid on the left side of his brain. They called in the doctor and tried to explain to me how it could be nothing but the fluid level was on the high end of normal. I stopped listening and began to panick. I appeared to be calm but left the appointment and had an emotional ride home talking with David of what could be wrong with my baby "c". David eased my mind and we waited until the next ultrasound when the tech said that the fluid had not increased, which was good and that things looked good. I then had an appointment with my OB and he explained it much better and put me at ease. Basically it was a situation where possibly 1 to 3% of these cases turn into a learning disability. I was ok with this explanation and the reason I was ok is because previously I did what you are not supposed to do...and did a search on the internet.....I was reading about worse case scenarios that were very grim.

During month 8 the ultrasound tech found another issue with baby "c" again. They noticed a kidney that had a double collecting system. They wanted to have it checked out after the birth. A double collecting system is not a bad thing and many people walk around with this situation but if the urine refluxes than you can get infections etc....Ok so now I am thinking..my poor baby "c"...

We set up an appointment to have all of this stuff checked out this past Thursday and I got the results today. 1st of all there is no issue with the fluid in the brain. It is completly normal. 2nd issue is that there is a double collecting kidney but there is no refluxing so we are golden. A huge weight has just been lifted off of me. My little Finn is great and is going to be nothing but a typical boy. I am very thankful that all came out ok. Only a few of you out there knew about these issues and of course that is because I didnt really know too much, but now that I know all is well ......You know too...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific news!! And that Marin is such a peach!!!

Anonymous said...

Tommy

Myrna said...

Wonderful news. All of my prayers have been answered!

Special congrats to Eamon!

Aunt Myrna

Dorinda said...

Oh those darn baby C's - they make us worry :) Now you really know how triplets are different from twins :) My baby C gave us problems - higher risk of Down's did we want to do an amnio? Almost delivered us early because she wasn't practicing her breathing or even moving! Stinker. Of course, my baby C became baby B at birth kicking her sister out of the way - she's been a stinker ever since :)

Glad all is well with Finn.