Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Holidays Are Coming To An End.

For all of you that have small children...I know we all love this long vacation but is it just my kids that seem to get "bored". It drives me crazy when they claim to be bored with all of their new toys and all the things they have to play with...how do you get bored. Anyway I do remember getting bored as a kid too so I guess maybe I am being too hard on them but I am ready for school to start again..I think.

The biggest issue that I am going to face is being on time for anything as getting everyone ready is nearly impossible in a timely fashion anymore. I am very anxious to get out and about with the babies but honestly I am a bit scared of the attention I will get. We took the babies to 2 doctor appointments and I am amazed at the attention we got for that. Please note we did not even take the stroller. David carried 2 and I carried 1 baby. I dont think anyone had ever seen trips before. It is very sweet but I do like to blend into a crowd and not attract a group.

We tried something different last night. I went to bed around 10pm and david was going to stay up so he went ahead and did the 12:30 am feeding and then he put the babies to bed. I slept from 10pm until 4:30am. I did a feeding then I woke up at 8:30 am and the babies followed at 9am. I can live and function on a schedule like this. I have a couple more days to sleep in and then starting Monday Jan 5 it will all change. Eamon and Liam need to be up and ready for the school bus at 8:10am and Mairin needs to be at school by 8:45am. David can take Mairin on Mon, Wed and Fri. Tues and Thurs are the days I need to take her.

4 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

You're doing a fantastic job! I'm with you on being ready for the break to be over!

Happy New Year!

Myrna said...

Don't worry - you are not alone in being ready for vacation to end and regular routines to begin. The parents are always ready and the teachers wish it would last longer! I don't think you are going to be able to avoid the attention that you and your children receive. It is quite a big deal to have three babies, especially when you handle it all with such apparent ease. I guess you will just have to put up with the attention and be a little bit proud of yourself and wonderful children.
Myrna

Dorinda said...

How was the first day back to "normal?" We were gone to Florida for the break so the kids didn't get so bored and no one was ready to go back today!! Except maybe me now when the big kids are at school and the babies are napping :)

Anonymous said...

Heather, I work w/ yo' Momma and she just told me about your TRIPLE Christmas presents!! I am flippin' out here in Lansing and, although I don't know you, am getting a kick out of hearing about your kids. Keep on writing. Jane (Aunt of 23)