Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just Another Tuesday

I forgot to let everyone know what we took all 6 kids to church on Sunday. The 3 older ones have sunday school during mass but we set up shop in the back of the church with the trips. I was slightly nervous as each of these guys are very good but when they do want something they let out a loud cry that is brief but loud. Luckily all went well and there were no cries during mass. I guess I didnt realize how many people noticed us until mass had ended. It took us nearly 15 minutes to get going after everyone stopped and said "oh my gosh".....The best part was that several people only saw 2 carseats and said "twins how nice" and I said "oh no there are 3" The look of fear was literally priceless.

My neighbor just offered to help out by watching the trips while I take mairin to school on Tuesday and Thursdays...This is so great as it is a pain to gather 3 babies at 8:30am get them in the car for a 3 minute drive to school. Today I was able to drop Mairin off and run to Kohls for a return and then back home. It is sad when it is exciting to get out to make a return....

I dont seem to have anything else to report in on for now so until something exciting happens....see ya

5 comments:

Myrna said...

I'm sure the triplets were the highlight of mass for some people! You and David are very brave to take all six to church and the best thing is it was no problem.

How nice of your neighbor to watch the babies while you take Mairin to school. That makes your life so much easier.

Dorinda said...

I'm so glad you guys are doing so well! I was not home alone with my girls for months :) People wanted to help - I wasn't turning them down!! I just wanted another adult to talk to... You are doing awesome! I'm sure you'll be sleeping all night long real soon.

The spectacle thing never stops nor does the shock of answering, "no, they aren't twins they are triplets!" It's fine though - most people are pretty nice so I don't mind at all - it just takes some getting used to.

Nicole O'Dell said...

You are doing an awesome job! Church was fun for us the first time, too. And, that's so great about your friend offering to help you in the morning.

Team Darnell said...

You are so brave and doing a great job!!! It was several months before we were ready to take on a public outing with the boys.

Nicole O'Dell said...

Ps. there's an award for you over at my blog. You can go get it in your spare time! BWAAHHHAHHAHA