Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Leaving The House...Such Fun

Leaving the house seems to be so exciting right now. You ask why? Well I am at home more than I ever have been before. I have to say that I really do enjoy being home all day but let me tell you..It is nice to leave.
Yesterday I had planned for my sitter, Marcia to come for a couple hours so I could venture out. She called and said she was stuck with a flat tire. I had to go pick up Mairin from school so I decided that since I had all the babies in the car that we were NOT going right home.
Mairin, the good little sport that she is drove around with me for over an hour. What did we do?? Well there are many drive thrus nowadays so I was able to get a couple of things done: gas fill up, drive thru post office, drive thru pharmacy, drive thru bank and oh drive thru McDonalds for chicken nuggets for my co-pilot. The babies didnt make a peep. We also met up with Marcia and I got all of my swings and gliders that she had borrowed. She is leaving tomorrow for Florida so everyone think of me as I will be without a sitter for over 2 WEEKS.

In the midst of my driving I received a call from my dad and he was in the hospital. They dont know what is wrong but he had low blood pressure and a very high heart rate. For those who know "Big AL" Hospital is not his thing so I have to say I was a bit concerned. I talked to mom today and he was discharged and they could not find out what was wrong but they put him on some antibiotics and hopefully all will be well.

My project for today was ..DONT LAUGH..but I researched all the companies out there that give out free stuff for multiple births. I typed out a generic letter and made copies of the boys birth certificates and I mailed out many requests for cool free stuff. I will have to keep you updated as to see what companies really give.

4 comments:

Myrna said...

I don't know anyone who rolls with the punches like you do. You seem to find the silver lining in all situations. I will be anxious to hear about the freebies!
Myrna

Dorinda said...

I am extremely jealous of your drive thru post office! Wow! I make lots of runs to the bank just to be out of the house. I feel more cooped up now then when they were newborns...

Get out as much as you can - keeps ya sane :)

I will pray for your dad as well.

As for freebies - we got formula and diapers free but not as much as people think - a case for each baby but every little bit helps!

Janice said...

Hi Heather!!!!
Congrats on the boys' arrival! They are just beautiful. I can't wait to see them. You are such a trooper. Looks like you are having fun with the SNOW.

I hope your dad recovers well. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

I"ll call you soon.

Nicole O'Dell said...

I've always thought there should be a drive-thru window at the post office! How cool!

Sounds like a productive outing!

Prayers for your dad!