Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thanks For Making My Day

Have you ever had one of those days when someone who doesnt know you too well, made you feel like you were an amazing person?
I had a situation happen like this to me yesterday. I decided to get my neighbor, Phyillis to watch the babies so that I could take Mairin into school and to visit Mrs. Lydy, the boys 1st grade teacher. I needed to tell her thanks for having the 1st grade class make the babies birthday cards. (These cards all had their names on them and I will be saving them..they are so cute.) I came around the corner and Mrs. Lydy just lit up and gave me a hug and was sooo complimentary towards my progress. If the school bell didnt ring I think we could have chatted for hours. I had a permanent smile on my face and it really just made my day. I left the school thinking I can do anything. Thank you Mrs. Lydy for making my day.

I write in this often and really dont realize who reads and who doesnt. Most days I find to be run of the mill but I enjoy hearing that I am entertaining you out there. My life has also changed as I am adjusting to being a stay at home mom when just 3 short months ago I was doing mortgages for people and loving it. We all know that it is a good to time to get out of the mortgage business with foreclosures being so high now and financing so hard to come by. The adjustment so far is going very well and I am sure as the weather breaks it will become more and more enjoyable.

3 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

Yes, the baby business is much better than the mtg business right now!

That's awesome that you got some good bloggy feedback!

You're doing great!!!!

Laura W said...

I stumbled across your blog right before the babies were born. Love seeing the pictures as they grow.
I tip my mommy hat to you. I struggled to have a shower ever few days, and that was with one, not three. My 'baby' is now 19 months and I don't know where the time went.
Thanks for sharing your story.

Myrna said...

Reading your blog is a great way to start my day. The story of Ms. Lydy made my day too! I am so proud of you and glad others see how special you are.
Myrna