Sunday, February 22, 2009

24 Hours Without Kids

I am feeling good. I am sitting on a white, soft, pillowtop king size bed down at the MGM Grand Hotel in beautiful Detroit..hah....
Yep with the help of several sitters (heidi, who is watching the older 3 and my sister in law and nieces watching the trips) my husband and I were able to escape yesterday at noon and we are still lounging in our room 24 hours later. Life is good and a regeneration is even better. We dropped off the kids and headed downtown. We grabbed lunch and checked in to our room. We then got ready and headed down to the bar. We were having a drink when we ran into one of Davids old work friends and had a ball talking and catching up. We grabbed a cab at 8pm and headed over to the Book Cadillac to meet up with Davids highschool buddies. We were back in our room by 12:30 ready to settle in for a long needed, full nights sleep. I am proud to say that I slept 10 hours without interruption. It was heaven. We woke up and ordered room service and have done nothing but veg out......I think we need this once every couple of months to recharge the batteries.
The kids all had a ball I am sure. Heidi was planning to take the kids to Chuck E Cheeses so she was heading out when we left yesterday. It sounds like they got her to stay there for a longtime. The babies I am sure were spoiled and have been held constantly for the past 24 hours. My niece Lauren even came home from college to hang out with the babies..so sweet. I called this morning and she was napping with Colin...How sweet. I love having family that like my kids.
Well this is the end to a long week of winter break and now I am very ready to get all the kids back to school tomorrow and return to the normal routine for awhile. It should be uneventful until our next break in April... Back to reality

6 comments:

Helene said...

OMG, how fun!!!! My husband and I very rarely get away because no one can watch all 4 kids together so we have to split them up and it's hectic trying to figure out everyone's schedule (and then of course no one wants the little twins...they always want the potty-trained preschoolers!!)

I'm happy you all had a great time! 10 hours of sleep with no interruptions sounds too good to be true!

Krista said...

Sounds like heaven! I can't wait until I get 10 hours of sleep again.
Krista (from HOMMIES)

Anonymous said...

It is clear that you have a wonderful husband who cares for you deeply. If only all the men in the world were as wonderful as he this would be a better world.

Marcia said...

I am sooooo glad you got away--you really need to do that as often as possible. Michael and I have decided your kids are the best!!! What a trooper Mairin was, even though she was sick. never a cry or a whine and she never even said I want to go home-she just would ask me during the night, how many minutes before morning? Such a PEACH!!!

Krista said...

We're from Ann Arbor - I had found your blog a while ago, but didn't realize you were from Michigan until I read your names in the newsletter Susie sent out from HOMMIES. It's always cool to find triplet families that live relatively close by. :)

Nicole O'Dell said...

How wonderful that you got a little time away. (I did too...just not the fun kind--been in the hospital for a few days.)

Share some pictures when you can!