Wednesday, February 11, 2009

On The Road Again

Ok everyone I think we are finally coming out of the woods with little Colin. Today he was moved out of intensive care and onto the main pediatric floor. They are still going to keep him for a couple more days but he is definately on the mend. He is so stinking cute too. I think he got even better looking during his hospital stay. His color is great and he is just so sweet.

I am struggling with not being there around the clock but I just cant be there all of the time. David and I are taking turns and you can only imagine how bad we want him home so our life and family can return to normal. The other triplets, Finn and Declan are doing well. Declan is a bit cranky and is getting rid of an ear infection but Finn is happy as long as he is eating.

I have had a lot of people helping out over this past week and I just cant believe how lucky I am. Heidi has enabled us to spend lots of time in the hospital, Tommy came over the other night to help out with homework and night time routine with the older kids, Nadine came to the hospital and held Colin for 4 hours while I had to be home, Ann and Phyillis are the reason I am able to head to the hospital during the day. My friend Lorie came and spent today with the babies so I could be with Colin. Kathleen has offered to come over and do whatever I need. Thanks also to Dolores, Amy, Laurie, Tracy and everyone else who helped out. Basically I have a ton of special people in my life that are all helping out. Hope I didnt forget anyone....

Another full day tomorrow. I will be at the hospital for most of the day and hopefully Colin will come off the rest of the oxygen that he is on. They are requiring him to be off oxygen for 24 hours before they release him. I just know they are going to send him home on Valentines Day so he can remind me every year of what happened at this time.

Ok hopefully soon we can move on to bigger and better topics. Thanks to all of those bloggers out there that have stopped by, introduced yourselves and have left sweet comments. I am doing my best to visit each new site I can. Thanks again

5 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

I'm so glad that you have so much help. I was wondering how you were coping. And, that's great news about Colin! I hope he does get to go home on Valentine's day!

ally said...

So glad that he is doing so much better! Coming home on Valentines day would be so great & like you said a great day to remember always your three precious gifts. Hope he continues to improve!

Rachael said...

What wonderful news about Colin! Keeping him in my prayers...

Heidi Hockstra said...

Heather you and David are doing a great job handling this. Thanks for being there for me today.

Helene said...

I'm so glad to hear he's doing better! I hope he comes home soon! This must be so hard on your family but you're handling it with such strength and grace!