Thursday, March 26, 2009

Funny How Things Work

On Monday evening I finally got the opportunity to meet up with someone that I will now call a friend. Last January, more than 1 year ago I signed up for a bootcamp at Lifetime Fitness. It was 3 mornings a week from 6am to 7am and it was for 12 weeks. It was a tough program and you also had to complete 10 miles of activity every week outside of class. I felt like it was highschool basketball practice all over again but I loved it. During this class I met one of the ladies and he name is Jillian. Jillian is a very fit, red head and for some reason we clicked and we were often partners when required. The Friday class was weigh lifting so we really got to know each other that way. We started to meet earlier to get some extra cardio in and I found that we could just talk and talk. Bootcamp ended and we exchanged phone numbers and email addresses. We have kept in touch for the past year by email and since the triplets came she has asked to come see the babies and for whatever reason everytime we schedule something comes up so we scheduled a dinner. OMG......3 hours later and we are still chatting. In this 3 hours we had made plans to do some canning together and we have since signed up for a 10k walk/run in Royal Oak coming in May. I guess the purpose of this explaination is that I feel so lucky that special people continue to come into my life as I continue to grow and mature. Jillian had tons of gifts for all of the kids and her generousity was just overwhelming to me. I was so surprised that she wanted to go out with ...me.....and that she wanted to get my kids (who she has never met) gifts. She is really an amazing person and ever since Monday it really made me stop and open up my eyes to the gifts of friendship that I have been given.

I am continuing this by going out with one of our neighbors tonight who moved into our neighborhood last year and I havent had the opportunity to go out and really get to know her. Funny How Things Are.....

2 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

That's wonderful! I'm so glad you're getting out and meeting new people.

As you can tell by my lack of "presence" lately, I'm swamped and coming close to overwhelmed...but making it. It's not the babies, it's school, book deals, new proposals, etc. The babies are the breaks in between the work. lol

One of these days, I'm going to show up on your doorstep and we're going to go out!!! :)

Tamara Mitchell said...

Congratulations on your six kiddos! What an amazing blessing. My best friend had 1 boy, they tried for 1 more, got quads and three months after their quads were born she got prego again with another baby girl. So they have 1 boy and 5 girls. I tell you I love being around their family...what a joy. I have 3: 1 12 year old boy and 2 year old b/g twins.

Visiting from Multiples and More :-)