Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Won..and Other Things

Hey everyone...I have to share the good news. I entered a drawing on http://odelltrips.blogspot.com and I won. I never win anything. What did I win? Nicole's husband is this amazing sketch artist and the prize was a major credit towards a drawing. I am so excited because my sister-in-law Nadine had one of these done years ago. She has 5 kids and this sketch hangs in her living room and it is priceless. Ever since I saw it I have secretly wanted one done. How perfect now to capture all six kids. If you like the sketch art stuff, go to the above website and click on the Wil O'Dell icon. He has samples posted on his site. Thanks so much Nicole.
Today my husband is home sick with what we think is the FLU...Yuckkk. He ralphed last night and I am making him stay in his room as I do not want to get anywhere near his SICKNESS. I had a couple of hours off this morning when my friend Kathy came over and watched the babies. I didnt really know what to do with myself so I wondered the aisles of Walmart...It was lots of fun.
My sleeping update is as follows and anyone out there who is a mom of trips please leave me some feedback as to if this is normal and that I am still on track for eventual sleeping thru the night. Also any suggestions are welcome. thanks
The babies are usually put down to down to bed between 9 and 10pm and get up anywhere from 1 to 3am. I try to hold them off as long as I can with pacifiers and patting of the back. As soon as 2 of them are awake I figure ..what the heck and we start a feeding. They seem to get back up again at around 6am. I try to hold them until 6:30 or 7am and then I get up and feed them and we are up for the day. They take great morning naps..most of the time.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

congrats on the win!

Krista said...

Congrats on winning the portrait. It sounds like your babies are doing great in the sleeping department and definitely on their way to sleeping longer and longer stretches. Remember to correct a little for their prematurity when figuring out when they should sleep through the night. Ours started doing it when they were about 6 weeks adjusted age or 3.5mo actual age.

Nate & Courtney said...

Stopping by from SITS, your triplets are adorable. Congrats on winning the sketch.

Sturgmom said...

Visiting from SITS! I hope your sleeping schedule gets straightened out soon! You have gorgeous babies (all of them)!

Nicole O'Dell said...

Congrats on winning. I can't wait to see wha tyou decide to do. But, like I said, no hurry. Wait for just the right picture. In some cases, he can take people from more than one photo, but that isn't always possible.

I hope hubby is much better now. I'm so late at reading this, I'm sure he is.