Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Things Kids Say

We are sitting at the dinner table the other night asking the kids about their day and getting the typical one word responses of "good" or "Ok". Our favorite question to ask is, "Did anyone get into trouble today?" You are wondering why we ask this, don't you? It is hilarious with twins because if by chance one of the boys did get into trouble you know it immediately because they will both put their heads down but try to get eye contact with each other wondering if the other one is going to confess or just be quiet. Typically though we ask just to get some conversation going.

Why is that when someone gets into trouble it is "good conversation"? This is true with adults to if you think about it. The best reality TV shows are the ones that have the most drama. I think it is a natural human thing. Ok so I am drifting.......Anyway. We are talking and out of the blue Liam looks at his dad and says, "Dad who was your second choice to marry"? Now you know I am trying my best not to laugh out loud but I am soo thankful that this question is not directed towards me but rather towards dad. Lets see how David is going to get out of this one. Now I am starring at David along with Heidi and all of the kids..We all want to know the answer. David looks at Liam and says "What do you mean son" Liam again says with a gruff in his voice.."Dad..you know, your second choice for someone to marry". I am dying by now. I am having to cover my face and I want to stomp my feet and crack up but we need to stay still and hear the answer right....

Anyway the best part of the story is that David said 'There was no second choice, it was only your mom" So the ending was sweet too as my husband got all gushy and then Eamon and Liam started laughing saying "oh gross" I am convinced he heard this from somewhere. The only other thing I can think of is that they are on a kick about how it is cool to be second rather than first. The kids say the funniest things

3 comments:

Lani said...

Awesome blog! I look forward to following your adventures (and learning from them:)!

Brandi said...

AWWWW! Your babes are absolutley adorable! I am so glad I hopped over from MoMs!

Nicole O'Dell said...

Soooo funny! LOL

The babies look so big in that 3 month pic!