Monday, March 23, 2009

The Triplet Update

On Saturday I gave you all an update on the older kids and I just realized I did not include the trips. Here is the update for them: They were 3 months old on Tuesday - St. Patricks Day

Colin- He is our higher maintenance kid for now. He likes to be held and it usually will solve any form of crakyness (how does a triplet get spoiled by being held) He is starting to really coo and smile often. He is a tummy sleeper but if he is upset I wrap him up really tight and hide his hands and lay him on his side and his eyes roll back in his head and he is out. He is at about 5 hours at a time. I have had mostly mild tempered kids so out of all of them Colin likes to complain the most, but we still love him

Declan- He is a remake of Eamon. He can spend the day propped on a pillow and literally hang out and let out a whimper when he is hungry. He is a great sleeper and rarely complains. He is smiling more and more but Heidi is the one that can get him to do a belly laugh (I think they have a special bond). He is consistantly sleeping 8 hours and he has a very sensitive gag reflex so I have to be careful shoving a bottle or pacifier in or he can lose his whole bottle. He still has a small red spot on his forehead that comes out when he gets mad and his eyes tend to cross more often than the other 2 babies.

Finn- He is huge. Finn is very content at looking at things that have bold colors. He will lay on the floor and entertain himself for a long time. He rarely complains and when he does he can throw out his lower lip and his frown is literally the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. You dont know whether to laugh or to cry with him. Finn is the loudest crier too. He doesnt cry often but when he does ..it is loud. He will smile and laugh at people as well as things he sees. He found his hand this week and it is hilarious watching him hold up his hand and look at it so intense. Finn is sleeping between 6 and 8 hours at a time at night.

2 comments:

Myrna said...

The boys are getting their own personalities. I can't wait to get home and see them for myself. The pictures are great and they look just adorable!

Heidi Hockstra said...

Awe..I love all of them so much! I am so lucky to get to be with them for the first year of their life!