Tuesday, April 21, 2009

5 Days and Counting..No More Night Feedings

Well I am happy to report that it has been 5 nights now that the babies have slept thru the night. I think we have got it down. I had a doctor appointment last Thursday and after seeing Finn and how healthy he was the doctor basically told me that I have no business feeding him at night anymore. I think it was all I needed to make the transition. My twins were sleeping thru the night at 8 weeks but I was just being extra cautious with my triplets since EVERYONE treats trips differently. I vowed that I would give the trips until 12 weeks old to sleep thru the night. I also must say that I struggled with letting them cry it out because of the fear of having all 3 awake in the middle of the night. I will let you all know that they dont seem to wake each other up. I have walked into their room and 2 are screaming and the one is sound asleep or the other way around. Now that we know that ..now we can proceed with letting them cry it out and stop the nighttime feedings.

We are putting them to bed around 9pm and they are waking up in the morning anywhere between 6:30 and 8:30am. Now I will tell you that they do wake up around 3 or 4am but I am just going into their room and patting their back, putting in a pacifier and walking out. I truly believe that it is time and that they will let me feed them in the middle of the night if I am there but are also doing just fine by not being fed.

I had a nice chat on the phone for the first time with Nicole from http://www.odelltrips.blogspot.com/ the other night and she was telling me that her trips sleep from 7pm to 7am....How dreamy is that? They are around 6 months old and I just love this schedule. She just told me that you just keep trying different times and that I needed to remember that babies love sleep and more sleep is good. She kept adjusting her babies until they woke up at the time that fit her schedule. I am currently doing the time adjustment thing to get them to consistantly wake up around 7:30am.

I think it was a combination of Nicole and the doctor that made me just go for it. Wooo hooo fun summer here we come.

6 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

YAY! I'm so glad it's working out!

My babies are 8 months old today--but that's six months adjusted. We started letting them CIO at around 5 months actual which was only 3 months adjusted. So, I'd say you're right on target.

KUTGW!!!!

Brandi said...

Yay! So glad you are getting a little more rest.

Heidi Hockstra said...

Yay...Heather gets some of her normal evening life back!

Pam said...

hi again! just was looking back at your blog, and funnily enough, you were due 1 year and 3 days after me. :) (i was due 1/20/08.)

my boys have slept 7-7 since they were about 7 months old. (that's a lot of 7s!)

Lani said...

Awesome! I remember what a magical time it was when the babies started sleeping through the night.. things just got better and better from there:)

Myrna said...

I know you are happy. What a plus it is to be able to look forward to a full night of sleep. You handle everything with such apparent ease and always find a way to make everything "work out." Congratulations!!!