Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter




This was the first year I was able to host Easter for my side of the family. We started the day by taking the whole family to Mass at 9am. We got home and David was in charge of babies while Heidi and I scurried around the kitchen getting everything ready for a fun day. Everyone arrived by 12 noon and the we ate at 1pm. Heidi and Myrna had spent time putting together quite the cool Easter Egg Hunt. We had to help the kids find everything.

Babies are very tired this evening after a day of being held and the big kids are tucked away in their rooms reading. Tonight is the last evening of an eventful week of break. The highlight of the week was "Zender's Splash Village" This is an indoor waterpark and the first one I have ever been too along with the kids. I think the kids thought they died and went to heaven. Eamon kept saying "You are the best mom ever, this is soo much fun". We spent the whole day there and they really deserved it...they are soo good. We also filled the week up with playdates, baseball practice and events at the church. I consider it to be a simple week and am looking forward to a quiet week to come. David was off all week as well so it was really nice to have him home all week.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

I hope you took some Easter pictures!!!

Myrna said...

You certainly made it a great day for us. You make it seem so easy - I know it is not! Thanks for having us all, it was a great Easter.