Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Grumpy Day

I think I am having one of those days. I spent the evening last night barking at my husband and woke up this morning feeling guilty but yet a little bit of poor me. I think it is time to get out of the house soon. Good thing I have tomorrow evening planned going out and celebrating my Aunt Myrna's birthday. I think I am still adjusting to this whole being home everyday thing. Do you realize that I can be home all day and not talk to another human being older than 4 months. Then when my husband comes home and he wants to just chill...I start going crazy..TALK TO ME PLEASE.....

I must admit that I really don't know which way I prefer it, I think it is a day to day thing. Most of the time I love being home alone and chillin with the babies but maybe I need more days out. I struggle with the guilt of having a sitter and going out to play rather than going out to be productive like grocery shopping, running errands etc. Hummmm probably just a weather thing too. I was getting used to walking everyday for those couple of warm days and now it is bitter cold again so lets chalk it up to that. Thanks for listening and don't worry that I am getting freaky or anything...sometimes it just feels good to say it out loud. I feel much better already. I am going to leave the house for awhile now and enjoy the cold sunshine.

Oh I almost forgot...funny how my daughter comes up with things that just crack me up. So this morning she was upstairs getting David up for work and when she came down she said, "mom, tell dad to stop saying I Love You to me". I said "Mairin, why? She says "Cause he always repeats himself" Are you kidding me....this is coming from a 4 year old. David came downstairs and said to Mairin that he was going to tell her that he loved her everyday and she said "Dad, you can only say that on pinky day" (What is the heck is pinky day). Then she agreed to allow him to say it on Thumb Day too. (What is thumb day). My guess is that at school they are talking about the days of the week with their fingers so she is giving limited permission to say I love you.....

4 comments:

Helene said...

YOu are completely entitled to the way you're feeling. I'm a SAHM too and while, for the most part, I love it and enjoy having the freedom to do what I want when I want with the kids, there are days where I'd love to just get out by myself. I've also lined up a babysitter for a few hours every Wednesday for the little twins while the big twins are in preschool for 3 hours and I'm "supposed" to be using that time to do laundry and catch up on housework but instead I'm sitting here online!!! We all have our guilty pleasures!!

Mama Jenn said...

I have so been there! Please don't feel guilty for taking time for yourself. I know, I know, easier said than done!!!! :-)

Angela said...

That was adorable about "Pinky Day"! I can't believe how much I miss adult conversation as well! I threw myself into a 4 wk bible study not knowing how child-care would work out. Last week I had to take them with me, but it was nap time. Hang in there.... this too shall pass!!!!

Laurel said...

Just found your blog ... and enjoyed reading all of your April posts so far. :)

I had my first 6 children in 6 years. When I found out I was expecting twins, my 3 older children were 1, 2, 3. Then, the day after the twins turned 1, I found out I was expecting #6. That was 18 years ago ... Now all 6 of them are young adults (18, 20, 20, 22, 23, 24).

But ... I didn't stop there ...

My younger kids are 7, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15.

You might like to stop by my blog and read about my big kids. It tends to inspire overwhelmed mommies of many that yes, they will grow up, and the Lord can do mighty things in their lives.

Blessings,

Laurel
mama of 13