Monday, May 11, 2009

Can Mother's Day Come Once A Month?

What would I do if Mother's Day came once a month? I had such a great day. David and I went out on Saturday night for some wine tasting and when we arrived home he said he had the morning handled. I put my ear plugs in, pulled the drapes and asleep I went. I woke up at 10:15am and let me tell you it was the best thing ever. David heard me get up so he came upstairs with a cup of coffee, just the way I like it. The boys gave me their Mother's Day gifts which were coupons for a cleaning of the basement, cleaning of their room, doing a load of laundry and doing the dishes. I just loved it. David went out and got me an amazing necklace with a card that said so many great things. We all went to church and then brunch after. I spent the remainder of the day just running around and doing what I wanted. I got home in time to put the kids to bed and had a good chat with my husband before ending a nearly perfect day. Wow...what if Mother's Day came once a month.......

2 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

How wonderful! I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Helene said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I would never object to having Mother's Day once a month...I think we all deserve it!