Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Chores For Twins and A Single

What a nice week it has been. I have to say that I think I was over stressing about having the kids home. I realize it has only been a couple days but we have been on the go and havin a ball. I have discovered that giving the boys and Mairin chores to do along with daily schoolwork, keeps them busy and unable to say "I'm Bored".

David started the chores by taking the boys outside and around the yard on Sunday evening, showing them what flower beds he wanted weeded. He showed them how to pull the weeds and where to put them when pulled. The boys immediately asked about how much they would be paid and David told them that he had to review the job once it was complete to be able to decide how much compensation was involved. Monday morning the boys got out of bed and at 8:37am Liam was telling Eamon that it was time to go out and get the job done. I am so proud to say that the 2 of them put on their winter gloves, baseball caps, grabbed a water bottle and off to work they went. I am not kidding when I say it was 1 hour before they came back inside and said that they were done. Such dedication.

I had them clean the basement and taught Liam how to use the vacuum. We ended our chores with them writing some thank you notes to people for some of their birthday gifts. This took us until 11am and I surprised them with a trip to the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Tuesday they woke up and asked what they had to do and we had them pull some more weeds. They woke up today and asked what they had to do today....Oh my I think I started something wonderful.

3 comments:

Danielle Atkinson said...

How lovely!

Happy 6 months to your "littlest" little boys!

Helene said...

Okay, after reading this post, I realize maybe I've gotten off to the wrong start with my kids during this summer break b/c it has been nothing other than pure torture!! I feel bad for saying that but every day when my hubby comes home from work, I'm practically in tears, pulling my hair out. I think they are just SO out of routine that they are just going nuts all day long. A lot of the things that the big twins want to do, I can't really bring the little twins along so that makes it kind of difficult. How do you deal with that?

I like the idea of the chores...I think maybe I'll sit down with the big twins tomorrow and come up with a chore list. They love to help...in fact, they helped me clean the walls today and spackle up nail holes as we're getting ready to paint our house. And schoolwork...that's a great idea! That would definitely take up some time and also help them retain everything they just learned in pre-K.

See, this is why I love your blog so much....you have a way of helping me realize that everything is gonna be okay...just gotta go with the flow!

Helene said...

Oh and I also love the pics down below of you and the babies!!!