Friday, June 26, 2009

The Triplets 6 Month Doctor Visit-Milestones

It is quite an event to be able to take the triplets to the doctors. I arranged for a friend, Dolores to stay with the older 3 while my sister and I took the triplets for their appt. The appt took 1 hour and 40 minutes. We had 2 shots and each one got the look over. Their weights are as follows:

-Colin 16lb 15oz - 26.5 in long - 17 in head
-Declan 16lb 9 oz - 26.5 in long - 17.25 in head
-Finn 19lb 4 oz - 26 in long - 17.5 in head

They are almost sitting up on their own and I need to work more on this with them. They roll from back to front very easily but don't roll from back to tummy yet. They are eating at least one meal a day and my pediatrician said that they should be eating 3 meals a day. Whatever...like that is going to happen. I have to say that I hate that every pediatrician seems to be different. My old pediatrician that I just loved always said..feed them but remember before they turn a year you are only teaching them to eat..they get everything they need from the formula. BTW..he was my favorite pediatrician but he was too far away and it was a huge hassle to go to him. I still dont think I am happy with this one. Anyway. Things seem to be well and she was happy with their progression. I am splitting up their shots because I am one of those paranoid mothers that thinks that if their is any remote chance that immunizations are linked to autism than I want to do everything I can to avoid any causes. We are all sleeping thru the night.. 7pm till 7 am and usually 2 naps a day. Our morning nap is 1.5 hours and afternoon is usually 1.5 to 3 hours depending on the day. I have a pack n play set up in another room and I always put the baby that I dont think will sleep as well in it. Call me crazy but if I have a fussy one than that one is going to be by himself for a nap. It worked great with the twins when I did this method. TGIF and let the day begin.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Heather - The boys are beautiful and GREAT sizes. I split up my kids shots too and they only got 1 at a time. I can't imagine giving them 4 at once. Too much. Anyway, it looks and sounds like you are going to have a great vacation. Enjoy every minute! I know you're very busy but I would love to meet up with you and have our kids meet each other. Take care, Beth

Myrna said...

Heather,
I am so glad that you have this blog. It is so nice to be able to know all of the milestones! The boys are doing great and I think you might be able to teach the doctor some lessons!
Myrna

Anonymous said...

your triplets were born on the same day my twins were born on.

HEART said...

I love your blog.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

I was just wondering are you older or is your sister?

My name is Heather(aka Heart) and my younger sisters name is Heidi.

I find this so funny.

Hugs from Ohio.

Angela said...

Great job Mommy on growing those boys! I need to consider splitting up my nappers, maybe that would help. We are on the same sleep sched. as yours and am glad to know yours are doing 2 naps a day as well. I'm just now letting go of the 3rd one, but we've been on the go too much and need some good weeks at home to establish. And I'm in agreement with you about them eating 3X a day!! What?? My trips are 9.5months and we are just starting adding lunch. Solids 3X a day really changes our lives, theirs and our schedules. But they're now showing signs they're ready. Glad they're all doing sooo well!

thebestthingscomeintwos said...

Great, great sizes! Way to go babies! (and mommy of course!)