Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dear God..I Love My Kids..All Six Of Them

I am so blessed and I am in such a happy place. I have 6 wonderful children who are making their own way thru life and each and everyday I smile, watch, laugh and observe them growing into nice kids. Eamon and Liam are becoming so independant. I send them upstairs with a load of laundry and they put it away and clean up their room with no questions. They clean up the basement with a bit of coaxing of course, but they get the job done. Mairin can be demanding with her questions and boredom when the boys won't play with her but all in all I can't complain.

I never thought I would be that proud parent but I am. I am so proud of what they are growing into. I find myself pausing throughout the day to capture a moment either on camera or just take a moment to remember it in my head. Last night David let Liam watch the All Star Game. He had on his glove and he was sitting with his dad and just couldn't get close enough to David to watch the game of baseball. I am puzzled but thrilled at how Eamon can sit and put things together for over an hour at a time. I treasure the mornings when the older kids come into the family room and look for the babies so they can talk and play with them. I stop and stare when I over hear Eamon teaching Mairin how to play go fish. I say "Thank You God" when we are all sitting at church and I glance over at my family that now takes up nearly a full pew. I watch as David leaves for work in the morning and say to myself "how lucky am I that I can stay home with my kids". My blessings are abundant and my complaints and frustrations are minimal.

Currently I have 3 babies napping and I have the boys,Mairin and a neighbor friend over. The 4 of them are playing so nice downstairs. I love having kids over to play. Everyone thinks I am crazy but hey look at me..I am able to post because we have a playdate going on. Life is good and today I am taking time to appreciate the little things that make me happy.

7 comments:

Danielle Atkinson said...

What a sweet post! Can you believe that we have five 7 month olds in two days???? Where has the time gone?

Helene said...

This is why I love your blog...your posts always give me inspiration that I can do this. I've had a really rough morning with the kids and then the little twins fought me tooth and nail on taking a nap and I completely lost my cool.

I so wish I had your patience and positive spirit. Sometimes I'm guilty of looking at my kids and wishing they were different....more independent, less needy, less whiny, more willing to help around the house. I need to start focusing on their positive attributes....and I need to have more patience with them and try to teach them how to help around the house. Sometimes I just wanna get things done and I shoo them out of the way because I just want to get it done right and quickly. Sigh.....

Thank you for writing this post and sharing your innermost thoughts. Your kids are so blessed to have you for a mother.

Myrna said...

Great post Heather! You are inspiring to many others. I love to hear of all of your blessings.

Tom said...

Heather, I am so happy to hear how much you enjoy motherhood and that you take the time each day to count your blessings. You are an awesome person, wife, and mother.
Beth

Marcia said...

Wonderful picture!! I see each older kid has his/her baby. Sooooo sweet and they are all great!!

Cheryl Lage said...

What a picture and what words to back it. :)

Thank you for such a lovely post...and for your kind comments on my blog! (I never thought of it as "branding" even though I am in advertising! Go figure! You are super kind. The gal that did the blog design is WONDERFUL. Loved her...DCR Designs. :)) Your blog is WONDERFUL, so your comments mean so much to me!

Denise Wheeler said...

Hi Heather,
I just stumbled upon your blog. You have beautiful kiddos! You are very blessed and it is so wonderful to see that you know how blessed you are.
I found your blog through my friend Dorinda's blog. Her triplets and mine are the exact same age.