Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Have A Secret To Share

I don't know where to begin ..or even if I should share my secret. Oh twist my arm...Ok Ok Ok - I will tell you.
We are somewhere very warm and we have no kids. David and I left Wednesday morning for a week vacation away from all forms of reality. No schedules, no crying, no laundry, no cooking....hummm is this a dream.
Cabo San Lucas -Mexico

We arrrived yesterday and let me just tell you that I am in utter heaven. I almost don't know what to do with myself or what to do with all of my time.

It began Tuesday night and so much had to be done in order to leave a household without a mom for a week. I had to write the authorization for medical treatment notes, wrap birthday presents for the birthday parties that were going to happen during my absence. I had to do major grocery shopping to ensure no shortage of diapers, wipes and formula.
The best part was that I didn't have to pack up the kids since they were going to stay home with Heidi (and all of the other people that were going to be coming and going throughout the week). The other best part was that I did not have to do much explaining on what to do since Heidi lives with us ...she knows what to do, she knows when the babies are tired, knows what the older ones like to do and of course knows how to be the "cool" Aunt Heidi.

We had a metro car pick us up at 5am Wednesday morning. I didn't care that I had to get up at the crack of dawn, in fact I welcomed the challenge as I was ready for this vacation. David was dreading the fact that he had to get up so early. We landed with no problems in Cabo around 2pm and headed to our amazing hotel. We have had nothing but a great time so far and I can't tell you how much of a treat this vacation really is. I don't remember the last time we were away with no kids for this long. I will probably get sentimental throughout the week (being without my kids and having so much time on my hands) but I think fun and relaxation will be enjoyed.
I have to laugh because this was day 2 of being gone and here is the cute email I received from my sister, Heidi. I got a kick out of it. This is Heidi writing to me.

Marcia arrived to watch the babies and I took the kids to Goldfish for their swimming lessons. As we were pulling up to swimming lessons, Mairin proceeded to throw up all over herself. It was a splendid mess. Luckily you had some baby blankets in the car so I wiped her down and had her strip down to her bathing suit and got her all cleaned up. She felt so much better that she went in and completed her swimming lesson. She has been fine ever since. She claims it was my fault that she got sick because I made her eat her breakfast....opps...won't make that mistake again and encourage her to eat more than what she wants to.

1 comment:

Nicole O'Dell said...

I would say that I'm jelous, but I'm really just too happy for you to be jealous. Enjoy every moment!