Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thank Goodness It Is Almost Monday

Wow...I am ashamed to say it again but TGIAM...Thank God It Is Almost Monday! I know I know crazy huh. Friday we took the whole family and a friend down to our local beach where we had a few cocktails, dinner, smores etc. We returned home around 11pm. The babies did great and the older kids just love being in their bathing suits on the beach at night.

Saturday morning we had to get up and get everyone ready to do drop offs before David and I headed out of town. We had a wedding in Grand Rapids for my side of the family (great wedding by the way). Our niece, Colleen arrived at noon and we had to drop Mairin off a Sally's house for a sleepover with Kate and then drop off Dylan (Eamon and Liams sleepover friend). Colleen was in charge of only 5 until midnight when we pulled in. The drive was long but we couldn't miss the wedding for anything. We probably would have spent the night if we hadn't been gone all last week on vacation. I was definitely tired of the hotel thing.

Sunday we got up and did church, went and picked up Mairin and had my sister-in-law,Kathy over to see the kids. She was here for several hours and we had a great chat. Kathy left around 5pm and we headed over to Uncle Harry and Aunt Myrna's for an evening of swimming, dinner, Wii and hummmm conversation. In the 5 hours we were there we managed to break one of their dining room chairs and Declan vomited all over their living room carpet. Time to go. We got home at 10:15 and here I am....Ready for bed...It is a good life though.

9 comments:

MamaOtwins+1 said...

First - for once I am not glad it's Monday. I totally get where you are coming from, but we had our first relaxing weekend in months.

Second - something about me you don't know - I coach women's rugby.

Myrna said...

You know when you have kids accidents happen. Chairs are fixable and vomit is cleanable -- not a problem.
Aunt Myrna

Jen said...

I here you on this, I am usually thankful for Mondays too.

And to answer the question, Did you know that my favorite color is purple?

Anonymous said...

Did you know that I used to be 5'7 and now I am only 5'5? What does that tell you? I'm old........

Heidi Hockstra said...

Hate it when that happens!

Helene said...

Your weekends sound so busy! I can see why you look forward to Mondays!

Something about myself that you didn't know?? I had a breast reduction several years ago. It was great when I was in my 20's but after having kids, I think my boobs are even bigger than they were back then!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

catss99 said...

I'm a follower. And I'm from IL, something you didn't know-I'm new!
amanda
catss99@yahoo.com

Angela said...

Something you don't know....As a teen I worked for an attorney. One day they told me I had to pick up a client....from the funeral home....He was in an urn!! Except, I went to the wrong funeral home, asking for the client nobody could find! And he had to sit next to me on the car ride back to the office. They thought it was hillarious!