Monday, August 24, 2009

Madder Than A Hornet

Oh I am boiling and bear with me as I just got off the phone with Orchard Pediatrics about this wonderful "file transfer" fee. (Check the previous blog entry for more details) I called and nicely asked to talk to billing as they were unavailable on Friday. I talked to Pam and she knew who I was and I could tell was prepared for an "ugly" moment to happen. I kept my cool as I paced up and down the driveway. I explained who I was and said that I wanted to talk about the "copying" fee. I said Pam, "when you called me 2 weeks ago you said you were sending back the money I mailed to you because the company you use charges a $25.00 copying fee. I said , "25.00 wow ...well ok" I told Pam, "You never mentioned it was 25.00 per kid" and she said "oh yes I did..I tell everyone that". Now come on girlfriend if I was freaking out about a $25.00 fee don't you think I would have really freaked out at 25.00 per kid? Why aren't conversations recorded for training purposes when you need them? I then proceeded to tell her that I dont have any bills for 25.00 but they are 30.74. She said "oh well there is tax and 25.00 is usually what it comes out to be". If I could have jumped thru the phone..I would have at that moment. I kindly said "Well for future Pam, especially with big families maybe you should make sure you include that the fee is per kid, $140.00 to copy my kids files and send them to a new pediatrician. That is kind of a big nut to crack don't you think?" "Pam thanks for your time"..is how I ended it and now I guess I just have to suck it up and pay the fee. I think they were wrong and it is definately not a good way to end a relationship with any hopes of referrals in the future. I think the thing that really upsets me the most is that I really had a hard time leaving them. I don't like conflict or being mean but I am glad I left now.

I am so excited to get started with my new pediatrician and really looking forward to taking in my little bundles and leaving with a smile. Stay tuned for some letters that will be written about this situation.

What is the old saying ..when you are happy you tell so many people about your experience but when you are angry you tell twice as many people.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, I have no words. But I do hope that things go better with the new doctor.

MamaOtwins+1 said...

You were a lot nicer than I would have been. I would have nailed her for giving out false information and ranted and raved. Of course my doctors office made me so mad by their own screw ups that I told them they had to make copies of everyones records and I wasn't going to pay for it.

Following HIM said...

Man...I have never heard of a copying fee. Totally stinks! Hope this pedi is better & tells you everything :o
~Elyse

Dorinda said...

Oh that is just mean! What kind of crazy price is that anyway?! I am sorry you have to pay that - there should be a large family cap!

Helene said...

Oh, isn't that the truth? Anytime I've had a bad experience with a company or office, I'm sure to tell my friends to stay as far away as they can.

I'm sorry this has been such a bad experience for you! It sounds like you'll enjoy the new dr's office and staff a lot more!

Scott and Jen said...

Hi. My name is Jen and I think we may live close by. I just had GGG triplets in April of this year! We should meet up! Are you a part of any multiples groups, etc?

marcia said...

Wow!!! I didn't know all this was going on when I told you the kids' doctor had called today. No wonder you said "interesting"... I have never heard of a filing fee, not for kids or adults. What a rip off!

Colin was adorable today crawling and Finn does get around, but Colin gets behind the chair and gets stuck!

Anonymous said...

Why don't they just fax them then there is no fee???? Just a thought!

Nicole O'Dell said...

I'm pretty sure you successfully told at LEAST twice as many people. hee hee Bet she didn't know you blog!