Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Weeks Worth Of Everything-Healthcare-Crawling-Travel....

Ahhhhh...David and I arrived in Stanton (my hometown) around 2pm today in preparation of my grandmothers 85th birthday tomorrow. Heidi brought the older 3 kids up on Thursday and so I was on easy street for 2 days just taking care of 3 little ones...oh and David. We are all surprising Nanny tomorrow at church and then dinner to follow.

This was an eventful week as Colin began crawling. He is not just starting to crawl but he is full fledged across the room crawling. I am really nervous about Colin because I think he may be that hiper kid that never stops. Finn is also crawling but not nearly as fast as Colin. Declan...my little Declan is still a jumping fool in his little jump up. He is good at getting into the crawling position but the coordination of putting the arms and legs into movement at the same time is not there yet. Finn is starting with the dahhh dahh sounds and it makes me melt everytime. We just got all of the poop out of the house and now I am dealing with ...I think...an ear ache with Declan. Ugg it just never ends. I am praying that we all get some sleep tonight in a new place.

I wanted to also touch on a healthcare subject that is making me so mad that I just need to vent about it. When the twins were born I went to Mali and Mali Pediatrics and I just loved them. When Mairin was born I went ahead and stayed with them even though they were 30 minutes away. It was a pain to go for appointments but I did it. When the triplets were born I decided to move to a pediatrician closer...I called up Mali and Mali Pediatrics and told them I wanted my files and explained why I was leaving. They were so kind and very happily sent my paperwork on to Orchard Pediatrics. I have been with Orchard Pediatrics for 7 months now and quite frankly I just have yet to feel comfortable. I am not sure if it is just a conflict of personality but ultimately I leave every appointment feeling like I am just not doing a good enough job. I feel beat up and that the triplets are not doing enough. I get lectures at 4 months old about how I should be straping them into their carseats when I use the restroom and how I should make sure and not leave Finn last since he is so patient. These are my babies...the most precious bundles in my world.

I decided that I needed to make the change to a new Pediatrician so with a couple of referrals I decided to move to Bloomfield Hills Pediatrics. I went in for an interview and all was well. I sent in a request for my files to be forwarded to the new pediatrician and I thought I was being kind in sending a couple bucks to cover the cost of mailing the papers across town. I get a call from the receptionist telling me that they will be sending back the $3.00 because they charge a $25.00 copying fee. I thought that was high but what am I going to do about it so I say ok. Today I recieve 6 bills in the mail. They are charging me 30.79 per kid for the triplets, 11.50 for Mairin and 9.75 each for Eamon and Liam. Remember that we had only been there for 7 months. They never even saw Eamon and Liam and they saw Mairin once. I am well over $100.00 to move my "paperwork" over to another practice. I called up Orchard Pediatrics and they said I need to speak with billing or I should call the copying company. This is so frustrating that this is only the beginning. I will be keeping you all updated on what happens with this situation.

4 comments:

Heidi Hockstra said...

You have 6 wonderful children who are the best ever and that is because you and David are such good parents. I may be biased but I truly do think they are great kids. You don't need to deal with this...glad you are changing!

Myrna said...

This is unbelievable. I have never had to pay to have my records sent to a new doctor.

I am glad you are at a new place. Anyone who knows you thinks you and David are the best parents ever -- these doctors are nuts!

anna neuner said...

What a bummer Heather about the pediatricians!! My kids go to Mail & Mali & I love them as well! Good luck with the new one!!

Anonymous said...

That's a bunch of bull-poo poo.