Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cleansing and New Cups

Last night I had to thank my husband for being the bread winner and making it possible for me to stay at home with all of our kids. I don't know what came over me but I guess it hit me that even though I have rough days at home I am very fortunate to have the ability to stay home. The economy is falling apart and people are losing their jobs and I am just feeling kind of thankful today.

I just finished up going thru every closet and drawer in all of the bedrooms. Yep it was time to go thru clothes, shoes, underwear and socks and clean out the old, stained, wrinkled and moldy smelling stuff that was stuck in the very bottom back corners of the drawers. I feel cleansed. I found so many things and was able to start over being organized. I found a ton of size 4t underwear in the boys underwear drawer. They are 7 and are wearing size 6 and 7 so they were squeezing their little tushies into these little underwear. I feel bad but I was laughing at the time. I also found socks that were size 2t-3t in their drawers. No wonder their socks get all messed up...they are wearing socks too small for them. My poor little guys never complain..they just put on what moms sets out for them and they go about their way. We didn't need to buy them their first cups cause their underwear was so tight it held everything in place.

This brings me to another topic that makes me laugh. We started Hockey 3 weeks ago and we had to go out and get their first "cups". I brought them home and the boys were very curious and picked them up. They are looking at them and asked Dad, "what are these dad?" David replied with, "lets go upstairs and I will explain". I was like a school girl...laughing quietly to myself. They came downstairs with cups in place and they proceeded to hit themselves in that area and were so proud as they said "mom...look it doesn't hurt". The only thing David has to work on now is teaching them to put them away. I walk downstairs into the living room and see cups laying around...come on that is like me leaving my bras around.

Not to leave the princess Mairin out. Last night Mairin was eating dinner in the middle of dinner she proceeds to tell me all the things I forgot to do. (Mairin is 4 and is in 5 days a week pre-school ...3 hours a day. Some kids go full day but not many.) She says to me, "Mom you forgot to send a note so that I can eat lunch at school and stay all day". I wanted to reply with, "Girlfriend you have no idea how much I would love for you stay all day and eat lunch at school and come home tired and ready for bed" but I didn't. I laughed and said that maybe next year you can go all day. No separation anxiety here......

3 comments:

Heidi Hockstra said...

The things they say are hilarious! Nice post! You are very fortunate to be able to stay home with your precious babes!

Myrna said...

I laughed so hard as I read the post - especially about the cups! I can hear Mairin - trying to get to stay all day! I guess you will be going shopping for underwear for your big boys.

Kelly Braman Photography said...

*You are such a great mama! I don't have a ton of time to read all of your posts, but I took a minute tonight and I just can't believe how much you accomplish~I need to step it up:) haha
Keep it up, mama! You are amazing:)