Monday, November 9, 2009

Growing Old Gracefully..11 Kids Over...Another Triplet Mom and Odds and Ends

I know this is a little off topic but I just had to share with everyone something that I find to be a bit rare.  My wonderful Aunt Myrna married late and life and she waited for Mr. Right...Uncle Harry ended up being Mr. Right and they have been a match made in heaven ever since.  Myrna organized a formal party to celebrate his birthday.  Harry has not and would not tell anyone his age until this past Saturday.  Check out how good my Uncle Harry looks at an amazing 80 years old.  We had an amazing night celebrating his birthday.

The kids did not have school on Friday so I decided to go ahead and just have a blowout playdate.  I decided to invite over 3 of Mairin's little girlfriends and let Eamon and Liam each have a friend over.  We had a great time and they were a great group of kids.  I got out some different activities so that they could keep busy going thru my so called "stations".  I had play dough in the kitchen, beading in the dining room and stamps, crayons and stickers in the living room.  It really worked well and the girls moved together and the boys moved together.  I will definately keep my eyes open for crafts and activities for future playdates.  I served pizza for lunch and I had all 7 older kids around the table and the 3 babies in their high chairs.  I was busy doing something and I start to hear the bang on the table and I look and see all the kids starting a beat on the table and singing .."we will ...we will rock you "  Liam is leading the crowd with the verse (that he really didnt know the words to) it was one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time.  That is when you look around the room and say ..."holy crap I have a ton of kids here".  It was fun and actually my house was in great shape when everyone left.  It is all about rules, activities and good kids.




Now we need to talk about my new friend Jen.  Jen found me while searching for triplets and noticed that we must live close after reading some of my blog posts.  Jen is the mother of triplet girls and lives probably 10 miles from me.  Her triplet girls are 4 months younger than mine and she delivered at the same hospital, dealt with some of the same doctors and best of all...we get along great.  We started talking over the internet..than we chatted on the phone and we finally met last week.  We both put our triplets to bed and we met up at the "Rusty Bucket".  2.5 hours later I felt like I had met someone who I was able to talk to about a common pregnancy, triplet issues and all the other things that go along with multiple babies.  Jen was so sweet and we were both able to share our ideas and thoughts on parenting and what works.  We are going to meet up at Great Lakes Crossing (mall) on Wednesday with the 2 sets of triplets in tow...this is strictly for the shock factor.  You rarely see triplets and you really rarely see 2 sets of triplets and the moms hanging out.  I will go ahead and update you when all of this stuff happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I do not know how you do it all. You had all of those kids and still prepared great food for our party. It looks like the kids are having a ball. Thanks for the comments about Harry and me. We are trying to grow old gracefully!

Sally said...

cant wait to hear about the SHOCK FACTOR! have fun!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!