Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

The Mott Halloween Party #6.....a huge success.  We had a ball on Saturday celebrating and trick or treating.  The beginning of the day started with wind and rain and I was a bit nervous as to who would be showing up but by the time 5:30 came people were rolling in..ready for some serious candy highs.  I changed the party up a bit this year and extended the invite to some west maple friends.  We had tables out, fire going in the fire pit, lots of food and plenty of child and adult beverages.  At 6:30 all parents and kids headed out down the street for candy gathering.  We started as a group of 40 plus people and then slowly spread out based on the ambition of the kid.  The older kids started running and didnt stop until they were done. The middle age little ones had to stay close to the parents,  the little little ones had to be walked up to the houses and then there were the crew of stroller pushers bringing up the rear and holding the road down. 

The evening got rollin after the trick or treating with lots of snacks, pizza, subs, drinks for kids and adults.  The kids ended up playing in the backyard or in the basement and most of the adults gathered in the garage or by the fire.  The very best part was that my brother and sister in law came over and helped.  Tom stoked the fire while we were treating and Pam took charge of the babies so that I could enjoy myself and make my rounds around the party.  David and I spent several years going to Tom and Pam's house for Halloween but now their kids have grown up and we decided to invite them over to start over with young kids again.  Pam got her baby fix and she ended her evening at our house by tucking the babies into bed.  A huge thanks to Tom and Pam (oh and Stephen and Maddie and friends) for all of your help and for your love of the babies.

 Mairin wanted to be batgirl this year and she was really good at being a batgirl.  Eamon and Liam decided to be Mario and Luigi and I couldnt leave out the babies so they were skeletons. 



6 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a fun day!! We had a Mario and Luigi too. My boys love them!! The picture of your boys turned out awesome...very cute!!

Jen said...

your kids are just adorable!

Myrna said...

It sounds like you had a great party. All of your kids look so cute in their costumes. You are so lucky to have relatives like Pam and Tom. I know it made it a lot of fun for you with their help.

Helene said...

The party sounds like it was so much fun!! All the kids look adorable in their costumes. I esp love the little skeletons!!

Nicole O'Dell said...

How cute! I can't believe how big they're getting!

Fran said...

I love seeing your latest pictures and hearing about your exciting adventures---I mean life.