Sunday, November 15, 2009

Memory Is Not What It Used To Be

This past week was a crazy one and lots happened in my world.  I usually wake up in the morning and realize that I have a lot of things going on but for the most part I am a stay at home mom with limited outside activities so as long as I manage my castle I am doing good.  It is when I have to leave my castle is when my things get crazy.....

Thursday morning came and it was parent teacher conference day so I knew I had that on my plate for the day.  I went to bootcamp and got home at 6:30am and jumped in the shower because of the 1pm appointment I had with the boys teacher. (lots of details to lead up to my point) I even did my hair after my shower.  I get all the kids off to school and I am cleaning up the house and waiting for Marcia to arrive. (Marcia is my amazing sitter and she picks Mairin up from school and brings her home and then watches the babies for the afternoon).  Oh and it gets better...the kids only have a half day of school too so Marcia brings lunch for all of them.  I take off around 12:10 and I remember driving and thinking..where shall I go first.  I ended up going to Costco for a couple of things.(not even my normal ..mac daddy shopping ..just a few things) I do a lot of looking around at Costco..no hurry...no worries...I check out and load my stuff in my truck and as I am thinking of what to do next I have this feeling of ..I sure have a lot of time today...hummmm seems weird.  I start driving and it hits me...OMG!!OMG  I look at my watch as I am ready to get sick to my stomach.  My watch reads 2:09pm.....My conferences for Eamon and Liam were at 1pm and 1:20pm.  OMG OMG what do I do now.  Ok..Heather think..relax it is ok.  I called my Aunt Myrna.  "Myrna I am one of those moms"  What did you do?  I missed the boys parent teacher conference.  "GASP"! Myrna that is not the reaction I was looking for but you just confirmed how bad this is.  She said.."Oh no Heather it is ok but you should go up to the school and see if you can pop your head in.  I headed up to the school and walked into the school office with my head hanging low.  They asked how they could help me and I said I needed a piece a paper to write my teacher a note since I missed my conference. 

You have got to love the office staff and how good they can make you feel.  They were wonderful and started in with , "Don't worry about it" "We have all missed them"  and on and on.  They were really sweet and I was able to write my note and be on my way.  I sent an email that evening to the teacher and Mrs Kreyger let me come in the very next morning at 8:15am.  thank you Mrs Kreyger....

The rest of the day left me a little shook as I just couldn't let it go but eventually I got over it.  Friday was another blunder of dissappointment as we were heading out to see the movie "Precious" and as we get to the theater we see that we have the wrong week and the movie is not starting until next Saturday....uggggggg

I made up for all of my blunders for the week by leaving the house at 10am on Saturday for a day at the spa ..thanks to my husband for a great gift certificate and my sister for some babysitting while David had to be gone. I didn't get home until 7:30pm and when I did get home I could smell that aroma of clean kids. David and Heidi had given baths/showers to all 6 of them.  What an amazing ending to a great day. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your husband sounds like a dream. Make sure you take care of him....:-)

Marcia said...

Soooo glad the boys' teacher saw you the next day, and really, really glad you had a day to yourself. You are the best mom ever!

Heidi Hockstra said...

Not only the best Mom, but the best sister. Thanks, Heather, for all that you do!