Friday, December 11, 2009

My "Lights"

Last night I was invited to attend a "Advent by Candlelight" dinner at our church.  It was nearly 200 women who all brought snacks and desserts and we sat around these beautifully decorated tables and listened to a guest speaker talk about this years theme.  "You are my light"  Kind of an interesting topic but of course it made me think. I have been blessed with so many "lights" in my life that if I really had to list them all it would take days. 
The biggest lights in my life are my 6 little blessings and my husband. 

Colin is my light when he cracks that smile everytime I look at him.  Declan is my light when he gets excited and he opens up his mouth because he wants to be so close that he wants to suck on you.  Finn is my light when he is experimenting with his voice and starts repeating...maaamaaaa..maammmaaa.  Mairin is my light when she says "mom come here I need to give you a kiss on your check and tell you that I love you"  Liam is my light when he comes in from the bus and says, "mom I missed you" and gives me a hug (only because noone is watching).  Eamon is my light when he does all he can to convince me to make him popcorn and when I do he lights up and says "you are the best mom ever"

And last but not least my husband...
David is my light when he wakes up in the middle of the night and says "I love you".

I could continue on but it is only fair to stop now or I could potentially leave out someone who is a special "light".  I am able to do what I do because of the people around me. 

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I can't wait to see the "1 year and counting" picture!