Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Everyone Has Left The State (In Michigan with Twins, Triplets and A Single..ahhhhh)

Well it is official.  My parents left this morning for Florida for their 3.5 month vacation/relocation.  My aunt and uncle left this morning as well and my grandma leaves this next week.  My wonderful sitter, Marcia will also be going for 3 weeks this year.  Not only am I dealing with 3 little crazy monsters stuck inside my house...My wonderful lifesavers are all leaving me.  On a good note though....In April when I am barely alive everyone is trying to take the kids and come over to visit because they haven't seen them in so long.  I guess you win some and you lose some.

On that same note, I was talking to a dear friend of mine today and we got talking about how everyone has their own routine and how everyone does what they need to to manage their home, family, friends and all the other things that get in the way.  I couldn't help but to stop and really take note that this "staying at home" thing is really working for me.  I think I am surprising myself sometimes too.  It is really crazy to know that my day begins with 6 kids at breakfast and ends with an ahhh and 6 kids tucked into bed.  I never ever thought that days could go as fast as they do right now.   I have so many projects, organizing ideas, pictures to hang, things to sort and laundry to do that I have learned to make a list and keep working on it.  Life is good and I cannot complain.

We have a walker and really a second walker as of today.  Colin began walking more than 4 steps On December 28th and Finn took his first 4 steps today.  I try to get Declan to do it but he just squirms little body into a backbend and then that is over.  He is clearly more interested in other things.  I have really had some fun with these guys so far.  We have our moments but for the most part it is good.  The triplets get into my kitchen drawers daily and they pull everything out (these are the ones that are tough to childproof).  Their favorite drawer is the one under my double oven.  I have pans and they love to crawl in it and just sit there while they throw each pan out.  They are all crawling upstairs on their own for naps and bedtime.  They wait for me to clap my hands and say "come on guys lets go" (sounds like I am calling a dog) but they all come and up the stairs they go.  Finn is the only that really knows how to come down the stairs.  He has figured out how to turn himself around and go backwards down the stairs.  I am still training the others to go down. 

We have hit a milestone...No more formula in our house.  We are on 2% milk and lovin it.  It is so refreshing to know that I will never go back to formula...ahhhhh.  We are trying to use sip cups more now and we are eating close to everything.  I stay away from meats that require too much chewing.  They seem to like most foods with Finn being my picky eater.  Declan will eat anything and everything in front of him.  Colin will eat but when he is done...he is done and he lets you know it.

4 comments:

LittleTechGirl said...

Wow. I am so glad that I found your blog. Your children are all adorable!! As a mom to 2 sets of twins myself, I can only imagine how busy your household is! Happy New Year. I look forward to reading more from you.

Helene said...

I always admire your positive attitude. I'm stressed to the max on most days and lately I've been wondering if I should throw the towel in on the whole SAHM thing. Just not sure it's working for me or the kids anymore. I'm gonna give it another year and hopefully things will improve.

Sally said...

she is amazing isnt she ladies...continues to amaze me even after all this time!
- bff sds

Harry and Myrna said...

I am so impressed with you. We may be in FL, but know that we faithfully check your blog so that we know what is going on with you and your family. How lucky your children are to have you as their mom.