Monday, February 15, 2010

Party On The Ice

It started with only 1 family coming over.  I can't seem to help myself.  I wanted to have a family over who has 3 little boys.  The boys wanted to learn how to skate and wanted to do some sledding.  I thought I needed to arrange for this before we run out of weekends of good ice.  I decided to have them over on Sunday and I let them know early on in the week.  By Friday we had another family coming over and by Saturday at least half of the Mott's were coming.  On Sunday morning as I was preparing some homemade chicken noodle soup, fruit tray and sub sandwiches I decided to keep inviting.  We ended up having 20 people over.  I think everyone had fun...I know I did.  We were able to do some sledding, skating, drinking and had some good conversations.  We even had a rockin fire out on the ice.

We brought out the triplets in their stroller and they ended up taking a ride in the sled and trying to walk around on the ice. Unfortunatley I wasn't able to get a picture of all of them at once but Mairin enjoyed pushing them and pulling them in the sled.  Alot of the little kids enjoyed playing hockey without skates on and there were no injuries or tears. 

The evening came to a close after everyone came back inside and ate, drank, played and talked.  I made soup and the Lichtmans brought chili, Adelson's brought appetizers, Armitage's brought desserts and the Mott's brought a pot stew...We had lots of good food and fun. 

This week is our mid winter break so I have all 6 kids home all week.  I am sure I will have plenty of posts for you soon.

2 comments:

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

Sounds like so much fun!!

Kimberly & Alex said...

Is that a frozen lake? What fun! Looks like everyone had a great time.