Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Trip To Disney World For The Twins and A Single.

Wow what a trip!  I don't even know where to begin.  This will probably be a long post but bear with me.  The flight was very successful and everyone enjoyed.  Mairin still wants me to put my hand on her leg when we take off or land ..just for a little more security I guess.  We stayed the first night with Uncle Harry and Aunt Myrna and swam in their pool and had dinner with them.  They rent the same home every year and it is just a skip away from Disney World.

The next morning we got up early and headed for our marathon day at Disney.  I have spend some time on this because I was again blown away at all that Disney does.  My family began going to Florida in 1982 for spring break.  My grandma would rent a home at Ormond Beach and we would go every year until 1992.  We would usually visit a different every year and some years we didn't go to any parks.  Going back to Disney as an adult was very eye opening.  Everyone and I mean everyone who works at Disney is so nice.  The park is so clean and it reminded me why Disney can charge as much as they do...they are good at what they do.  I really really enjoyed being treated so nice. 
We picked the very best time to go. We did not stand in any line and we parked amazingly close to the park. I would recommend to anyone to go to Disney at the beginning of February. The biggest line we stood in all day was 15 minutes. We had riden every ride, had lunch and a snack by 6pm. We decided to head over to Epcot for the last couple hours. Epcot was also dead and we were able to ride nearly everything there by the time the park closed. The kids had no idea how lucky they were that they didn't have to wait in any lines. Here are a couple of Disney and Epcot pics.


We left the best place on earth at 9:30pm and by the time we exited the park we had 3 little ones that were completed passed out and wiped out.  Right before Mairin fell asleep and we were driving out of the park she looked at me and said, "Mom do your dreams come true"?  I about fell apart.  That made the whole trip completely worth it.
We finally arrived at Grandma and Grandpas House by 11pm and everyone was craving a bed to crawl into. 

6 comments:

Amanda said...

So glad you had fun! Next time you are in the neighborhood you should say hi!

Sally said...

fantastic post-love seeing the kids having so much fun. I know you mnade this all about them.
Supermom w/ a super dad holding the fort to make this possible.

Angela said...

What a great time for you and the kids! Looking forward to hearing more! I'm still not brave enough to leave for a girls weekend yet. I need to Just Do It!

Beth said...

Looks like you all had a great time! We are talking about doing Disney next summer, I'll have to get some tips!
Isn't your daughter sweet? Yes, your dreams have dome true!

Myrna said...

Great pictures. We were so happy to see you and the kids. You and David are to be complimented - your children are so easy to have around because they are so well behaved! They are the best.

Beth said...

You have been nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award! Go to my blog and follow the instructions.

Love your blog!!!