Friday, February 12, 2010

Triplets In The Bathtub- I Need This Like I Need A Hole In My Head

My sister and I thought I would be fun to give all 3 babies a bath for the first time in the big tub.  We normally just put the babies in the sink one at a time and we run a sort of production line.  We have a sink in our family room (at the bar) and so you can give baths and be right in the middle of everything.  We decided this night we were going to head upstairs and the big bath.  I had 2 suction seats so we thougth we could use the bumbo for a third.  Well the suction seats worked great but the bumbo ended up floating so Finn would consistantly unsuck and he would be almost standing inside of this bumbo.  His little chunky legs fit nicely into it so when it begins to float all you see is Finn go foward .....  Colin tried to crawl out of his and Declan's must not have been sucked down good enough cause he tipped over and got a mouth full.   Heidi and I are both sitting right next to the tub and all of this is happening.  I looked at her and said "first of all, I will never do this alone and secondly I don't think we need to do another bath like this again for a long while".  Mairin was begging to get in so we let her get in and had her hold Finn and we got rid of the bumbo. We had our hands full and there were 2 of us.  Then all 3 of them figured out how to splash and Heidi and I both had towels that we made a wall with in order to stay dry.  I laughed and covered myself thinking it would end but it was just the beginning.  This is a perfect example of Twins..ok no problem...Triplets...you have run out of hands.  Heidi took Colin out, greased him up and then I took Finn out and greased him up right next to the tub while Declan continued to splash.  I was wet and exhausted by the time this event ended.  Note to self...No more triple baths until they are much older.

9 comments:

adrien said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly & Alex said...

We do the production line for baths too. The bath pics are too cute!
(the above deleted comment was me, i was signed in under my son)

Kelly said...

LOL!! So cute!! I always did 2boys at a time in the tub and then would dress or undress the third on the floor in front of the tub. It worked for us...the video in the attached bedroom didn't hurt either. ;) Brings back memories...

Momma Such said...

Oh wow! You so have your hands full! Love the pics though! :)

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

Hahaha. Maybe only a fellow triplet mom can appreciate this story! We actually love giving everyone a bath together -- started when they protested coming out of the sink because they wanted to play.

It is like playing Whack-A-Mole trying to keep them all sitting down.

Team Darnell said...

Don't give up!! Bath time is actually the highlight of our days. The boys LOVE to play in the bath and we just sit back and watch. My hubby does baths almost completely by himself these days because I have been getting home later. We started around 10 months and actually never used any seats. There was a lot of "sit down"... "I said sit down." But, now they love it and splash around. Actually the good thing about triplets and baths, we have no bath toys... who needs them when you have two brothers to splash and giggle with!!

One tip that helped me when I was alone was - let them play, wash them and then let the water out of the tub. Once the water is emptied out, take them out one by one to dry and diaper. It was the moments when I was diapering one and the other two were still in the water that frightened me the most.

Good luck!!!

Harry and Myrna said...

I imagine it was a nightmare, but they look like they are having a ball. I love the way Finn is clapping his hands.

brown paper packages said...

You are a brave woman. :) They look like they were having a great time!

Beth said...

Oh my! Been there. We now save the "group baths" as a treat when we have a lot of time (and plenty of extra towels.) The assembly line really is just so much faster and neater.