Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Am SO Excited! I Have Solved My Triplet Summer Chaos..Kind Of

I am so happy.  You may laugh but let me tell you that if you look back to a week ago you will see that I posted a very helpless and defeated post.  I was afraid of being inside all summer and having fears of losing my kids.  I decided enough is enough so I headed out to Home Depot yesterday and bought myself a fence for the summer.  It is a durable plastic and actually it looks like a tennis net in my backyard.  It took me a couple hours to put it up while the babies were sleeping and when they awoke they experienced outdoor freedom.  I put the fence around the play structure so they now have a slide, sandbox, pebbles, swings, grass and all of the toys in their play area.  They had a ball in their little freedom area.  The older kids were jumping on the trampoline just outside of the gated area and the babies were just laughing at them.  Ahhhh I just feel back to my old self and although I know this will be a tough summer I also know that it will take planning, patience and we will make it happen.

Yesterday we did a long walk in the stroller and trying to do that again today.  I am loving this 60 degree weather.  I am noticing a possible shift in their sleeping habits.  Currently they take a long morning nap and an afternoon nap.  I think I am going to start getting rid of the morning nap in another month or so.  Currently we can't really venture out too far because of naptime (but where would we go anyway right)I want to make the afternoon nap a long one so we will need to do this transition soon.  Happy St. Patricks Day!!!

5 comments:

MamaOtwins+1 said...

I'm so glad you found a solution that works for you!

And I too am loving this warmer weather!

Patty said...

I am so glad. I feel a relief for you. Now you can sit in a lawn chair in your bikini and shades and soak up the sun while the babies are out of harms way and having fun outside too. Great decision.

Angela said...

Sounds great! Hope to see pics of it too. Now you can breathe a little easier! :)

April said...

Sounds like a great idea! I just want to let you know you have kept me up for two nights straight LATE. Haha. I found you through another triplet blog, and I started to read, and like most triplet blogs I go to the beginning, and usually read the first 2 months or so's posts, as well as the pregnancy posts, to get an idea of what to expect when my BBB triplets get here (I'm almost 29 weeks along). Anyhow, I got sucked in. Spread out over two days, I read EVERY one of your posts. I have NEVER done that. I just liked the way you wrote, and your sense of humor. It was fun, and I am excited to follow to see the what you and your family get into, and hopefully pick up some tips and tricks for me and my BBB Triplets and my 20month old daughter.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Sounds like a plan....your blog header is wonderful....

Doing a little blog hopping...I have 2 GREAT GIVEAWAYS that I will draw for on Sunday night...so hope you will stop by.....

Teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/