Thursday, March 4, 2010

Today Is My 10 Year Wedding Anniversary

How many people do you know who have accomplished all this in 10 short years???? Hah hah hah. 

I look back and cannot believe that just 10 short years ago I signed on to be a married woman.  I thought I would have 2, maybe 3 kids and that I would be that corporate woman, climbing that corporate ladder.  Wow how things change.

10 years ago today we left for a 3 week honeymoon to Tailand and returned to a "la teeee da" lifestyle of work and  ..."what are we gonna do now" .  I barely remember those days when I had so much time on my hands and how we would get bored on the weekends.  We welcomed twin boys (with a little help from clomid) in 2002 and I went back to work parttime when they were 3 months old.  We were transferred to Mexico for a year for my husband's job so we packed up our life and our 20 month old twins and moved to Irapuato, Guanajuato Mexico.  Life was nice but not as good as it was in the States.  We got word we were coming back to Michigan and it was just in time to have our daughter, Mairin..  I did not work while in Mexico but after having Mairin and moving back to Michigan I decided to go back again so I did.  We all adjusted back to life in the states and decided that we should maybe try for just 1 more baby.  I gave it a 6 month window and again with the help of clomid we were surprised that not only were we expecting our 4th child but we were going to welcome 4, 5 and 6.  That was a huge shock and quite frankly that was the life changer.  I had to make a decision and the decision was to give up the mortgage and real estate business and be the best stay at home mom I could be.  Here we are and I have been home since October of 2008 and so far so good. 

I am blessed to have married the love of my life and to have 6 great kids.  This is not what I thought my life would be ....but it is a great life anyway.  I am crazy in love with my husband and I must say that my life is fun.  The other day Eamon and Liam came home from school and told David that they told their teacher that their dad grabs their mom and says, "Gimme a smooch baby"  David does do this and then he tells the kids not to look but part of the fun of the game is that they look and laugh.  Some day Eamon and Liam will get it but I am glad that they still think girls are gross. 

We are heading out to a hotel for an evening of quiet time.  Actually we are enjoying 24 hours of peace.  Thanks Heidi for babysitting.......

7 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations!! Our 10th is in Sept and we are trying to plan a weekend away. It got us talking and we said the same thing. If you had told us 10 yrs ago this would be our life, we would have laughed in your face. Never would have believed it. yet, here we are.

Enjoy your day away. You two deserve a little time for just the two of you!

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful night!!

Sally said...

totally forgot about Tailand and talked to you about 10x today & forgot this...

ugh...

happy anniversary!

Harry and Myrna said...

Happy Anniversary. I remember that day when it was warmer in Michigan that it is this year in Florida! I hope you and David had a wonderful night together with no kids!

Heidi Hockstra said...

Your entry today brought a tear to my eye. What a great 10 years!

Angela said...

Happy Anniversary! Whew...aren't you glad we don't have crystal balls? We would've spent 17years fretting the triplet days all to have it be a "joy"! Oh, I just read Beth's comment and it sounds the same! Heehee That's from Moms with multiples! Have a great one!

Marcia said...

Hi Heather! Congratulations!! Happy 10th anniversary. I tried your blog and it works now!! Hurray..Hope you have plans to go out tonight..