Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another Way To Contain Triplets..Outside

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this so I could not just ignore this idea but instead try it out and see if it would work. 

I have a fenced in area in the backyard of our home and the triplets love it but they do like being close to the older kids.  I am finding that when the older kids are out in the front yard riding their bikes, playing hockey, roller blading and all that good stuff, the trips want to be there.  I headed off to the hardware store and came up with this contraption and it seems to work pretty good. 

I am basically putting 3 toddlers on a lead that goes between 2 trees and it is long enough for them to go about 45 feet in every direction.  I like it because I can play with them and not be afraid of 1 wondering off.  I tested it out yesterday and I think it will take some more testing and practice before everyone likes it.  Here is what it all looks like.



The part that is the toughest is that they get really mad when they cant go any farther.  They really love being able to run up and down the hill though.  It is definately something that works when we are all outside and playing. 

Today we spent the morning outside playing.  The temp was close to 80 degrees and so I thought it was time to pull out the mini mini pool and let them play in water.  We ate lunch outside and played in the water...big big hit and they were really ready for their naps at 2pm.......


One is drinking the pool water, one is crying and the other one is trying to get inside the pool too. 

6 comments:

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

Hahaha, that is fantastic! Loovve that last pic!

Jen said...

Love it!!!!

Totally need one of those.

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

that's totally awesome.

April said...

Oh gosh!! That is hilarious and ingenious!

Patty said...

I love the idea.....the pool is so small......that's cute. Your trips are so adorable.

Marcia said...

Oh Heather those pictures are adorable...the rope idea is fantastic and I think it'll work. Love the picture of them in the pool, of course Colin is in and drinking the water!!