Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sometimes 6pm Makes Everyone Crazy

The average day of chaos, laundry and lots of whining from Mr. Colin.  I can't quite figure him out.  If I distract him or hold him ..he is fine...if I walk away or put him down...then he is crying.  I thought it was ....and still might be ..molars coming in.  Colin has been ahead of other 2 in nearly every milestone except teeth.  The kid does not have any molars while the other 2 have at least 2 each.  Colin seems fine with some tylenol so I guess if he is not better soon we shall go to the doctor.  Here is how the night went.

David arrives home around 6pm and we are all ready to sit down to dinner.  I get the babies in their seats and Colin is twisting and turning in his seat and will NOT stop whining.  David thinks he is constipated.  humm I don't think so but hey I will go with it.  David has a 7pm meeting so he suggests that one of us head to the pharmacy for some constipation meds.  I decide to take Colin with me and head out.....only on 1 condition though.  "David if I go than you have to clean up dinner and start homework"...He replys with "got it ".  A quick trip and return and we are back to chaos.  (David did do what I ask of him..woohoo) We get the medicine in Colin and in about 20 minutes he smells.  Don't know if the meds worked but the bowels are definately working. I am changing Colin when I hear a yell from the dining room.  David walks in and says, "Heidi's dog (stella) peed in the dining room" .  "Don't tell me..tell her"  David hollers upstairs and Heidi comes down very fast wondering what is wrong.  She proceeds to clean it up and you can tell that David now feels a bit remorseful as I hear him say to Heidi, "we still love Stella".  I glance over and see Finn sitting in the lazy boy with my coffee travel mug...dumping the morning coffee all over him and the seat of the chair. NICE......I filled that up for the afternoon shift.  I think the mug was nearly full of cold coffee.  Needless to say I was not in the best of moods at this time and I just needed to get the triplets in bed.  I started the trip upstairs to put the babies to bed and on my up I suggested to the older 3 that if the family room was clean and the entryway was all cleaned when I got back down that I would make some serious popcorn.  They all ran, jumped and started picking up toys faster than ever.  I came back down....took a deep breath and thought ahhhhhh....now I can make the popcorn and relax....Needless to say I posted part of this on facebook and in 9 minutes I had 6 responses...Lots and lots of offers for my favorite drink..cranberry and vodka.....Another fun night at the Mott house.

4 comments:

April said...

Hope you had & enjoyed that Cranberry & Vodka! I'd drink one after a night like that! :)

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

sounds like you had one crazy night!! i bet you have stories like this all the time :) crazy now, but funny to look back on.

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

Crazy times! In our house it's 5pm...something happens at that point that just makes everyone wild!

Kimberly & Alex said...

I'm loving watching other big families and how you manange. I do love having a big family and did want alot of children, but now that I have them I worry about giving each the individual attention they need. I'd love to know what you do to make each feel special.