Sunday, April 25, 2010

Twins 1st Communion and Other Triplet Messes

Let's start out with the "other" messes that I have had to deal with this week.  We have 5 fireplaces in our home.  3 of them are gas and 2 are natural.  The one in the basement is the natural one and we used it several years ago but I have not cleaned out the ashes.  The basement is completely finished with carpet, drywall and all the comforts and toys a kid could want.  It really belongs to the older 3 but recently I have let the triplets do some exploring down there.  The babies love going down there since it is a "new" room.  On Friday at 9am I had gotten the trips all dressed for the day and I thougth I would head downstairs to put a load of laundry in.  I let the babies come with me and before I knew it I could hear some fighting going on.  I look out to see 3 boys sitting and standing inside of the fireplace.  OMG..kill me now.  Finn had black hair because he was standing up in there, Colin had ashes all over him.  They were barefoot so as I am refraining from using some choice words I am setting them down on the floor 1 at a time.  Then I see little ash footprints all over the basement floor.  They were all fighting over who could get farther into the fireplace.  I was so mad at these little monsters.  They all had to be changed and they feet washed off and hair washed..basically they all needed baths.  I hate it when 9am comes and you have already been up long enough to change outfits, yell a little bit, eat and be ready for everyone to go back to bed.  Ahhhhh  the joys of triplets......

Eamon and Liam had their 1st Communion on Saturday night and it was a huge success.  It was really neat that they got to have their 1st Communion with several of their elementary friends.  We had the grandparents and the godparents over for dinner after and it really was a nice evening.  We also took the triplets to church.  The babies did well and with lots of people to hold them I think they enjoyed it.  In between a 1st Communion we managed to also have baseball team pics taken, a baseball game,  2 soccer games and a soccer practice.  Lots of fun TGIAM....(thank god it is almost Monday). 

3 comments:

ann said...

Heather, thanks for providing reading material for me on the nights I can't sleep! Just reading about your life wears me out enough to hit the pillow hard! Nighty-nite!
Ann Frederick @ 3:36am

Myrna said...

I can't imagine trying to stay sane with your schedule and triplets. Eamon and Liam look so handsome and grown up in their suits. Great looking kids - all six - and so nice as well.

Angela said...

How'd your carpet turn out?! Trouble Xs 3!!! What fun!!! I loved the last post of the updates on each kiddo! Too adorable! Yes, you are very blessed!