Thursday, June 24, 2010

Beachin It With Triplets

It was hot out today so I called David at work and told him to prepare to take the triplets to the beach when he arrived home from work. We had dinner together and then everyone ran upstairs to change and off we went.   We loaded up the triplets and Mairin and headed down to our beach.  I had no idea what to expect as this was our first visit to a beach.  I should have predicted as I am sure I would have gotten it right.  Colin ran into the water..head first, Declan was a bit more curious and cautious and Finn walked in slowly and observed with all of his senses everything about the moment.  They basically loved it.  David and I both waded along side of them as they braved the water and went in deeper and deeper.  Colin would fall and go under and we would stand him back up and he would be smiling.  Declan was shivering and was not as balanced and Finn was splashing and wondering why we had never been to this "place" before.  The longer they were in the water...the deeper they went.  David and I definately had our hands full.  We would take turns saying, "you have 2 now", "ok I am going this way, you stay here".  There was definately no time for a bathroom break.  The best part was that by going at 6:45pm most of the people are gone so I didn't have to deal with anyone looking at us and judging with looks, stares or any other comments that someone might want to say when they see a set of triplet, 18  month old boys in the water at once.  ahhh so refreshing.  I packed their pjs so we stripped them naked, gave them an outside shower and put on new diapers and Pjs before loading them back up.  We were home by 8:15pm and they were in bed by 8:30.  What a great night.

4 comments:

Myrna said...

What fun! Now wehave to try my pool!

myrna said...

What great fun! Now we have to get them in my pool.

Kris said...

Sounds like a great time. Today in Moscow it is 90 and sunny. The girls have spent most of the day in our little pool. Me too. :)

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

i love your blog. and every time i visit it, i love how you have the same family as i did growing up.....1 kid, 3 kids, 2 kids. hope you get to visit the beach again soon :) we love the beach!