Saturday, July 17, 2010

Monkey Munch!

i would love to take full credit for this little invention but I cannot.  I had a special birdie tell me about this (thanks Aunt Jessica) and when you hear about something from a veteran of raising and taking care of children..you listen.  I made this and all of my kids love it.  They ask for it for breakfast, snacks and any ohter time they think I will let them have it.  I love that I can mix up whatever I have and make it however I want.  Here it is below.  Colorful cereal, pretzels, goldfish, cherrios, cheeze its and whatever else you want to throw in there.  I put a little in sandwich bags and the little ones carry it around and dig in for their treats. 

The summer is in full swing now and we are still making it.  I am finding many things to do to keep everyone busy.  I have my wonderful sitter, Marcia coming every Tuesday and Thursday for 4 to 5 hours each day.  I am blessed to have my sister Heidi on Wednesday's so that we can take turns taking the older ones out and doing something fun.  It seems like a lot of help but the hours with help seem to go so fast.  Thursday  Marcia came at 10am and I took the older 3 down to the beach (invited some friends) and we played in the water until noon.  At noon I dropped the kids off at home with Marcia and headed out to run some errands.  I was home by 2:30pm with a load of groceries.  I had an hour and a half to unload, put away and do all the things I enjoy before the triplets were due to wake up.  Friday we played in the backyard for the morning, the boys did some chores and then I let them do some crafts while the babies were sleeping.  Friday is beach night and we get Mary (my adorable niece) to babysit for the babies while we take dinner and drinks and the older 3 down to the beach to grill, play, talk and drink some beverages.  This beach that we are members of is our lifesaver.  The kids love it and we love getting together with our friends and relax. 

2 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

YUMMY! Colorful munchy goodness! Will have to try this. too!

Christina said...

Yummy!