Sunday, July 25, 2010

My New Mother....Water and 6 Boys Under 2 years old.....

My daughter Mairin has now become my new mother.  She is a spunky little 5 year old who mimics everything I do whether it be caring for the babies or reprimanding her older brothers (exactly the way I do).  I have to laugh because it allows me to hear what I must sound like everyday.  On Saturday I decided to take Mairin with me for a couple hour outing with "just the girls".  She gets all buckled in and before I back out of the driveway I receive a text so I respond (before leaving my driveway).  Mairin says.."mom isn't writing on your phone illegal now"  I say, "you mean texting" she says "yes".  I answer her with, "why yes Mairin it is but I am not driving yet" . "Well mom I will remind you again if you need me too".  Really????  Then I am at a red light and I pull out my lipstick to put it on, "Mom isn't that illegal too?"  Uuhgg.....I have finally hit the point where I need to be more mindful of the little Mother that sits in the backseat.  It is so funny to me how my 8 year old boys would not even notice or care. 



No fear here.  We have been taking the little crazy babies to the beach and they love the water.  They keep walking in ...deeper and deeper.  What a great way to burn off their energy.  Here they are surrounded by adults but they want to go to the big slide like their older siblings are doing.  Too cute not to get a shot.




We did a playdate with a mom of triplet boys who are just 2 months older than my triplets.  They live about 3 miles from us and I am so glad to have met these 3 little cuties.  We found a fenced in play area and we managed to get about 2 hours of good old solid playtime with a little adult conversation as well.  Thanks Jennifer for sharing your little ones. 

3 comments:

Angela said...

Love the pics of the 6 babes! I'll have to post a similar one taken this weekend, but it's not the same as 6 boys together...adorable!

We've had our own issues with the other mother in our house. It's been a learning experience, but wowwwyyy watch out for those motherly instincts! We are raising not only little girls, but future Mothers aren't we?!!

Jessica said...

Very cute playdate. I have a "little mother" in the making too. She is not even three yet but already mothering her brothers.

Savvy Little Women - Kate said...

Oh that pic of all the babies is SO cute!! And my Ella is also a little mother - fun, huh!?