Saturday, October 23, 2010

You Know You Are A Mom of 6 Kids When......

Today our dishwasher was not working properly.  Actually it hasn't been working well for a week now.  David pulled it out and thought he would give it a once over before he was gonna kick it to the curb.  He touched something under the sink and a leak sprung.  He got up and said, "I'm gonna go get another one".  I was so excited. Hummm a new dishwasher probably wouldn't have been very exciting 10 years ago but ohhhh how things change.  I sent him out to get one and I even called him to see what he ended up with.  I couldnt seem to wait until he got home.  I have resigned myself to being a true stay at home mom with 6 kids and finding my thrills with new appliances.  I had to empty our current dishwasher and handwash all of those dishes and the dishes from lunch.  I couldn't resist taking the picture since I am taking up nearly an entire countertop as my drying table.  It looks like I will have to handwash until Wednesday but it sure makes you appreciate a dishwasher.  Paper plates, plastic forks and plastic cups until Wednesday!

On a lighter note.  We went to a cider mill on Wednesday with my sister in law (Aunt Pam).  We just took the triplets and we had a ball.  Aunt Pam was in her heaven having all of these toddlers around her.  (I secretly think she would have 6 more kids).  We ate donuts, fed the animals, climbed the straw mountain and played in the playarea.  A stop at McDonalds on the way home for a diet coke made the morning complete. 




I almost forgot that we also enjoyed my mom's company (grandma) last weekend while we decorated the halloween sugar cookies that she so graciously made for us.  We had lots of frosting and lots of sprinkles.  Thanks mom for always making us the cookies to decorate.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Gah!! Look at all those! Glad you got a new one though, I love new stuff. :)

Kimberly said...

Always nice to get a new something, anything, as long as its new to you! lol I hope wed gets here soon for you.

Dorinda said...

Ha! We just went through the same thing. For a week though I thought we could go without. With 5 kids (or more) a dishwasher is no longer a luxury - there are just WAAAY too many plastics to hand wash!! Hope you enjoy your new one soon :)