Tuesday, November 9, 2010

This Is What It Means To Be A Mom

We all went to the boys hockey game tonight and when we got home I sent the kids to bed. Mairin came down while I was talking to the babysitter and asked me to get a drink so I let her but I told her to go to bed.  She came down again and wanted me to put her ear drops in so I said with more of a firm voice, "Mairin I will be up in a minute but you need to go to bed"....She then came down and got a pen and I didn't even ask her a question but let her make her way back upstairs.  I come to bed and see this on my pillow.


Its 10pm and I am looking at this little love note from my 5 year old daughter.  She didn't come and tell me to look on my pillow.  She didn't make it known what she was doing and she didn't even stay awake to see the smile it gave me.  It makes me pause, take a deep breath and realize again what is most important and how I cherish my only little girl.  She reads me so well. She knows when I need a little something extra, she knows when she needs to step it up and she knows how to get what she wants from me.  I had a great day with her.  We went to a doctor appointment together (just the 2 of us) and we went to the boys hockey game together.  Dear God ...You really gave me a good one when you blessed me with this little angel. 
Mom loves you too Mairin!