Sunday, January 9, 2011

This Momma O Twins, Trips and A Single has seen better days...

Declan woke up this morning with a serious case of the clingers.  I had to be easy on him since he threw up yesterday and was also trying his darnest to clean out his bowels without much luck.  I figured since Declan wanted my attention and Colin was constantly coming up to me saying, "bye bye..coat bye bye" that David could take Colin with him to church and leave me with clinger and easy Finn.  David took off with Colin and we continued to pass the time with Barney and The Wiggles.  I get a call just about the time mass was ending and it was David, "Colin puked at mass". Of course I had to ask, did it go everywhere? "lots on the kneeler and it kept coming".  All I can say is, "thank goodness I was not there"..

When everyone arrived home we put all 3 up for a nap. The older kids and David headed outside to the pond for an afternoon of skating.  I took advantage of the time and headed out to Costco for a BIG stockup.  I also hung out upstairs doing some other things that needed to get done.  I went back upstairs around 4:15 because it was time for everyone to get up but there wasn't alot of movement going on.  I opened the door to Finn's room where his pack n play was and was immediately startled by the strong pugnant smell of puke that had been possibly trapped in his room for up to several hours (depending on when he actually puked).  I look in and Finn is laying there on his back covered in puke.  No tears, no nothing. He was laying there almost as if he really did not know what happened.  I picked him up and headed down to get him cleaned up and into the bathtub.  All he could do was mumble and point to his ucky pants and shirt.  He was content as can be to be put in the sink to soak.  I heard Declan cry so I ran up and got him only to be literally blinded by the stink that exploded out of his room as I opened the door.  I knew immediately that his constipation had passed and I was probably carrying 3 days worth of bowels carefully to the changing table.  There was so much that it had juiced up the front and back of his onesie and it might have even scared him by the sheer amount that was there.  I got him ready to be next in line for the bath.  (it is now 5pm and I have dinner plans with my aunt and sister at 6pm.  My dear husband looks at me in his poor..begging eyes.."you are not going to leave me with all of this are you"? It was definately a situation where we both needed to be there so I called and cancelled)  I headed up to get Colin and of course I am thinking that he will be fine since he already puked once today...WRONG!!!  I walk into his room and it was the mildest of the all the rooms because the poor kid didn't have anything left in his little stomach except for the stomach acid and clear liquid.  He had rubbed his hair in it and it had dried so it appeared like I had put a styling product in his hair.  He also had a strong odor to him as well and dried buggers all over his face.  I dropped him off with David and headed back up to grab all of the sheets, pillows and everything that was in arms reach of any of them and started the laundry.  I am still amazed though at how I have quiet pukers.  I was up in my room for part of naptime and never heard any screaming or any of the wonderful sounds that come with throwing up. 

We got baths done and everyone in dry and clean PJs and round 2 started.  We let them have sip cups of water only and Finn started with the dry heaving and Colin lost all of the water he had drank.  It was 7pm and we didn't want them to eat anything for fear of more throwing up so we just put them to bed.  They all laid down in their beds, not a peep and we wished them a good night and left the room.  I just finished folding load 4 of laundry for this evening, I smell like old vomit and I just had to post while the feelings and the smells were still so fresh on my mind.  Remember this is only day 2.....This is one of the times when life with triplets can become almost unmanageable.  You just don't have enough arms to help, shoulders to lay on, hands to hold buckets and laps to cuddle on.  We always seem to find a way to manage though.....

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

UGH! I really feel for you. I hope this passes quickly!

WildToddlerTwins said...

You have been awarded the Stylish Blogger award!!
http://lifewithtwinsandmultiples.blogspot.com/2011/01/thanks-for-award.html

Jessica said...

I am blog hopping today and thought I would drop by your blog.

Hope you will visit either or both of my blogs as well and follow.

Jessicas Lil Corner is my family blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE custom blog designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Have a blessed Tuesday!! :0)