Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Buggers and A Snow Day

You try to teach your kids the important things in life like. Behaving in a parking lot, sharing, eating your vegetables. please and thank you and many other things, but the stuff that they pick up on sometimes makes me crazy.  Today Declan brought me a bugger.  Yep...his latest thing is to pick his nose and bring me his treasures.  I could not resist a picture since it was one of the largest treasures I have seen in awhile.  These are the things that happen at our house.  He is the kid that loves to dig in the garbage, play in the toilet and stick his fingers into any hole he finds (moms nose, ear, etc).  Here he comes running to me to show me and he is very insistant that I get it off his finger.....

This is gross but he holds his finger still so I can good look at his treasure....big one!

Today is a snowday so the house is chaotic.  Heidi spent the night last night so she could enjoy the snowday with us.  She made everyone pancakes for breakfast.  I am the mean mom and currently have the older ones reading for 45 minutes.  I decided to make them also give me a paragraph summery of what they read....Once done  they could go ahead and hang out.  I was actually impressed when Eamon and Liam brought me their papers for me to review.  Hummmm I guess they do listen to what I ask.  Heidi is making Valentine sugar cookies, the family room is a train wreck, Mairin's swimming is cancelled for this evening and I guess now I need to start thinking about what to have for dinner.  Kids and food...I swear they have to eat all the time........

No comments: