Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Things We Do To Keep Winter Exciting (manageable at least)

Gosh this winter is long and I don't see much change in site.  Someday when my kids grow up and have kids of their own they will realize all the things a mom does to try to keep the days exciting.  I have gotten to the point where I open up my can good cupboard and let the triplets have at it.  They take each can out and they fight over the cans, they usually put the cans somewhere else but it does entertain them for a good 30 minutes.  This is how I am able to get dinner started.  Another half hour time killer is..juice boxes, Barney and potty seats...

I made the older 3 dress up for their dress rehearsal for the 3rd grade music program.  They had to dress up like a movie star on the red carpet.  (I didn't really make them dress up...their music teacher did...but I took it literally) They wore these outfits to school.  How cool....
The pond has been a great place for fun this winter.  The triplets enjoy riding the sleds with their brothers pulling them.  The snowstorm dropped 8 inches of snow and it was cool that the triplets were able to walk along the snow without breaking thru.  This provided even more outdoor fun for all.  My ahh haa moment is when I figured out how to keep the mittens on for good.  Put mittens on first, cover mittens with knee socks that are pulled up their arms, put coat on and viola....they cant even think about taking off their mittens.

The other thing that keeps us all happy is to have friends over.  My favorite triplet playdate is the Johnson triplets that live 3 miles away.  It always helps that I adore their mom too.  We have had some playdates and we attempted lunch for 6 without booster seats...perfect...
This is my future hockey team......Add in some trips to the library, on demand movies, bathtimes, play-doh and you have what our winter is all about. 

3 comments:

E. Merritt said...

Love your idea about using knee socks to keep the gloves on. Yesterday, I tried packaging tape around sleeve and gloves. It lasted about 30-40 minutes, which is longer than any of the other methods we've tried!

Erin said...

What a wonderful mom you are. I was reading your blog and just find you amazing, wonderwomen like. Love all your idea's. I had a single birth and then twins. Let me say I thought I was busy. I love how you don't let your little miracles keep you bound to the house. I love the fact that you continue to be mom and still manage to get out of the house. I can already tell that I am going to learn a lot from you. Thanks for your blog. You have just inspired me. Fellow mom of multiples.

Erin-raisingtwins

Angela said...

Too fun! love the sock idea! And we are trying out our potty chairs now as well. How is that going?