Friday, March 4, 2011

Has It Really Been 11 Years?

Dear Children,

Today mom and dad are celebrating 11 years of marriage.   We are very happy and we are so proud of all that each one of you have become.  I still like going out on a date with your dad as much as I did when we met.  Your father puts me on a pedestal and is so good to me.  He will do anything for his family and is so committed to all of you.  He puts his religious beliefs into has daily works.  He takes the time to teach, listen and learn from all of you.  He kisses me in front of you so that you will know that dad loves mom.  He knows when I need a break and he takes on all of you at once.  He rarely complains and is always preparing for the future.  We often sit up at night and talk about what we think each of you will do when you grow up.  We laugh about your personalities and we also count our blessings on a regular basis.  We try so hard to direct you, correct you and teach you everything you need to be successful, ethical and responsible people.  We are not perfect and we lose our tempers.  We yell and sometimes things are not fair,  but we try.  Seeing you smile is fun for us.  I hope that someday when you have your own family that you can be as happy as we are. 

Your father has always used this phrase and it is so true...

The most important thing in my life is my family...
The most important thing to my family is my marriage....
The most important thing in my marriage is my wife....

Happy Anniversary

2 comments:

Tina Michelle said...

i LOVE this post!

Romantisch Hotel Brugge said...

Wow nice details shared in the post and i think your good family. interesting this post so thanks