Thursday, March 3, 2011

Naptime Can't Come Quick Enough For Me

We left the house this morning and headed over to "kiddieKlub" for a visit.  I was so excited to meet up with a couple of other mom's there as well.  I thought it would be the perfect place for all but what I didn't take into consideration was that these mom's had kids that were a bit younger so there were some things that were a bit unsafe for younger ones.  I had hoped for a morning of conversation and coffee but it did not turn out that way.  (If you are reading ladies....so sorry...) We arrived home and before I knew it the boys had managed to make their way to the basement bathroom and by the time I came down it was a disaster.  They had managed to get 2 rolls of toilet paper unrolled and wet.  They then took the clumps of wet toilet paper and they threw it against the wall...why?? cause it sticks to the wall.  Thank goodness the older kids had flushed so they were only playing in clean toilet water (as clean as toilet water can be..uughhh).  I got that cleaned up and noticed that they had put a chair up against the wall unit and were climbing on it to get to the TV that is mounted on the wall.  Ok...I know when enough is enough so off to naps we went.......

Declan has been taking his nap in Mairin's room and he manages to get out of the pack n play and he gets into anything and everything Mairin has.  I have been thinking about how to "capture" him and finally figured it out.  I had one of those mosquite nets that go over a stroller so I put that on top of the pack n play and had David buy me 4 mini bungy cords.  It works like a charm....I am actually pretty impressed with myself and it really does keep him in there.  Ahhhh back to calm naptime.  Here is a pic of my contraption....

Mairin and the older boys have really been a dream this week in helping me out from 4pm until bed.  Here is a perfect example of Mairin being a little mother and reading to them while I get dinner ready.

This last one is just cute.  I have mortgage calculators all over the house from the old days of mortgages.  Finn found one and let me just tell you that he was completely entertained for the longest time.  He is laying in the window just looking at all it has to offer.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

What a great solution. I wish I had thought of something like that when mine were in PNPs

Krista said...

That's an awsome idea for the PNP. Wanted to let you know they do make crib tents specifically for PNP. I have 3 of them which work quite well for my kids. I'm not sure if you can still by them new but perhaps one can find them secondhand somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you, you are my dream I have 1 baby girl and. I pray to god that he will bless me with twins and triplets . This is exactly what I always wanted I thought was impossible to have triplets and twins naturally. But I pray to god I will. I know will be hard but worth it . you are a ve ry lucky lady . god bless you