Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sick Kids vs Healthy Kids..Double Edge Sword

This is terrible to think or say but I am going to do it anyway.  Yesterday the boys were pretty sick.  They slept in until 10:45am....I couldn't believe it and I kept going up to their rooms checking to see if they were breathing.  (sounds crazy but your mind starts to go crazy when you have 3 babies that are all sleeping longer than ever). The room stunk of poop but I wasn't waking any sleeping babies.  I can't believe what it was like to have the morning...kid free.  I was able to have a cup of coffee and putter around in peace.  They finally woke and I put them all immediately into the bathtub to wash off any and all yuck.  We came downstairs by 11:30 and we played a little bit, watched some Barney and low and behold they were ready at 12:30 for naps.  They slept until 4pm and we woke Colin at 5pm.  Can I get a hallelujah for at least having babies that sleep well when they are sick?

By 4pm had a full day but the day was rather relaxing.  They slept most of it and mamma got lots of stuff done.  So the question is..........Sometimes sick kids can work into your schedule.  I am not wishing for sick but just thought about it and wondered ...huh interesting concept. 

We all woke up this morning with springs in our steps, laughs and complete chaos.  I think sickness has made it's way thru this house.  We tried some sensory play with scoop and pour.  I got the idea from a friend.  Dry beans, rice, lentils and anything else you have that is dry.  I let them play, scoop, dip and pour.  It did make a bit of a mess but I was able to make cupcakes while they were entertained in the kitchen with me.  They started to hit the wall again around 12:30 so we are now back on our schedule.

2 comments:

Tina Michelle said...

So glad they slept so well for you!

Romantisch Hotel Bruges said...

Good job!! cute Baby's and nice looking.