Thursday, April 7, 2011

Feeling A Bit Sentimental

We are on Spring Break this week with no real plans so yesterday I decided to load the kids up and head out to Edmore for a day trip to see Nanny.  Stanton/Edmore is my hometown and is about 2.5 hours away.  I rarely go for the day but my grandmother (Nanny) is home from Florida so I thought she might like some company.  We arrived and played inside for awhile and then headed out to the local McDonalds for lunch.  Nanny sat amongst the 6 great grand kids and everyone enjoyed.  We headed back to her house for another hour of tearing up her house and playing.  I packed up 5 meals for her so she could have a couple of days of prepared meals. I know that she doesn't cook much anymore and who wants to cook for just one anyway.  As I drove away I found myself sad to leave.  The older I get the more I find myself becoming a bit more sentimental.  It was fantastic spending the afternoon with my grandma.

This is has been a busy week.  Trying to keep everyone entertained for Spring Break is rather tiring for me.

Sunday/Monday- Spent the day and night at Splash Universe (Dundee, Michigan).  Left the triplets home with David and off we went with the DeMarcos.  The kids had a good time and I enjoyed my chat time with Susie.

Tuesday- I had Marcia watch the kids for a few hours while I did a big Sams Club run..hit the grocery store and a few other stops.  We had baseball practice that evening so I took the triplets and made an evening out of it.
Wednesday-Left the house at 9:30am and returned home from Nanny's house at 6:15pm.  No naps so it was a very quiet evening and everyone was in bed early.

Thursday (today)- Off to the zoo at 9am.  We had a fabulous time.  The trips loved the animals and were much more into it than I expected.  I bought the family season pass and I am so glad I did.  I will definitely be there on a regular basis. 

Friday (tomorrow)-Looking forward to hanging with a couple of mom's while our kids play.  Should be a great ending to a good week. 

No comments: