Friday, December 16, 2011

Anticipating Triplets...3 years Ago Today

It was just 3 years ago today that I was enjoying my last day of being pregnant with triplets.  The pond in our backyard was frozen over and David spent some time shoveling it while Eamon, Liam and Mairin raced around on their skates.  I waddled out there with extreme caution not to fall but I couldn't resist the snowflakes.  I remember thinking how it would be the last event or happening with only 3 kids.  In a matter of hours our family was going to go from 5 to 8 people.  I couldn't resist a last minute picture and it was the last picture taken with 3 little beings inside me.

We were scheduled to walk into the hospital the next morning for a c-section.  I was 1 day short of 37 weeks and the doctors said that they wanted the babies out.  David and the kids grew tired of the cold and came inside so we could go out to dinner.....the 5 of us.  We enjoyed a casual dinner at the Village Place and back home to bed to make it an early night.  That was alot of activity for me. 

We had no idea what to anticipate on the following day.  Sure we have been thru a c-section before but never with 3 babies.  What would the delivery room look like?  How many people would have to be there to make it all happen? 

3 years ago today

No comments: