Thursday, December 15, 2011

December...Will I Make It......

So many happenings in December.  I find that each year I forget how busy it gets so I am never prepared for everything that is being planned.  This year I vowed to wrap each present on the day it enters my home.  It has been the best rule ever. 
We started the month being all about me.  My birthday.  I have to say that it is a treat celebrating my birthday with 6 little ones who all want to help with the blowing out of the candles.  You can see the anticipation of the lighting of the candles.


 
We had our Hockstra Christmas several weekends ago and we all enjoyed.  It is always good to see the relatives that you don't get a chance to keep up with.  Brandon was a huge hit with the kids and was really able to connect to the inner child in him. 

I hosted an Advent by Candlelight at our church with my dear friend Susie.  We invited several ladies, decorated our table and enjoyed appetizers, wine and liquor (probably way too much) and a speaker.  The theme this year was candlelight so the lights were turned off and it was just a beautiful setting. 

We have a busy weekend planned since I have 3 little ones turning 3 on Saturday.  A small birthday hooray on Friday, A concert on Saturday night and another Christmas celebration on Sunday.  Today is my mom's birthday.  We called first thing this morning to wish her the best best day ever. 

Pray for me to hang on for the rest of December.  I will be busy making birthday treats for the trips to take to their school, remembering what I have and what I have forgotten for Christmas, trying to get something special for everyone in my life and of course gearing up for 2 weeks of no school.  God Bless.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Happy Holidays to you and your family! Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels like I'm running around in 100 different direction.